Fantasy Racing Online Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Racing Online Message Board

HomeHome  Back To Main Site  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

No unofficial Kansas results

Go down 
+5
M5-Studebaker
Super Grandma CO9
WoodsRacing
rmiller
Jordan
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Jordan
Administrator
Jordan

No unofficial Kansas results Empty
PostSubject: No unofficial Kansas results   No unofficial Kansas results Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 9:16 am

I'm going to be out of town on Sunday so there will be no unofficial Kansas results/standings after the race. I've made arrangements to be able to post the rosters and everything after the green flag but I won't be able to score them until later that not, if not Monday when the official results come out. Probably won't even be able to watch the race. Thankfully I have my phone to check out how it's going.Laughing Thought I'd let everyone know.

Last edited by Jordan on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://fantasyracingonline.forumotion.com
rmiller
Inaugural FRO Champ
Inaugural FRO Champ
rmiller

PostSubject: Re: No unofficial Kansas results   No unofficial Kansas results Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 10:05 pm

Thank you Jordan. We know how conscientious you are and understand lifes priorities will delay things once in a while.

I am amazed how fast you have updated stuff.

Think I'm speaking for all when I say we appreciate all you do to bring us this game. Ray
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Administrator
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: No unofficial Kansas results   No unofficial Kansas results Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 3:45 pm

Thanks Ray
Back to top Go down
https://fantasyracingonline.forumotion.com
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

PostSubject: Re: No unofficial Kansas results   No unofficial Kansas results Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 4:32 pm

rmiller wrote:
Thank you Jordan. We know how conscientious you are and understand lifes priorities will delay things once in a while.

I am amazed how fast you have updated stuff.

Think I'm speaking for all when I say we appreciate all you do to bring us this game. Ray

I fully agree!
Back to top Go down
Super Grandma CO9
Truck Series Veteran
Truck Series Veteran
Super Grandma CO9

PostSubject: Re: No unofficial Kansas results   No unofficial Kansas results Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 9:53 pm

Record the race like I had to last week.... It was great fast forwarding through commercials Smile
Enjoy the day... thank you for the great job you do
Back to top Go down
M5-Studebaker
Truck Series Champion
Truck Series Champion
M5-Studebaker

PostSubject: Re: No unofficial Kansas results   No unofficial Kansas results Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 11:19 pm

I agree with Ray. Nice Job man, and a classy looking site
Back to top Go down
http://fantasynascarracin.yolasite.com/
New Zealand Ambrose Fan
Truck Series Rookie
Truck Series Rookie
New Zealand Ambrose Fan

PostSubject: Re: No unofficial Kansas results   No unofficial Kansas results Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:36 am

Ditto, great job J. king

Have to agree with Super G as well - i haven't seen a live race yet but i've barely missed one in the last 4 years since i have to record Sleep With all those ads (which we dont get here as it just stays live with no commentary) i'm not sure I could watch live - everything has to be paid for but man there's a lot
Back to top Go down
M5-Studebaker
Truck Series Champion
Truck Series Champion
M5-Studebaker

PostSubject: Re: No unofficial Kansas results   No unofficial Kansas results Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 9:54 am

As far as ads...
You know I been doing some research.
(this is probably TMI) Rolling Eyes
I found it SEEMS like a lot of ads when the NASCAR races are on.
In fact it is pretty much in line with all the TV shows. (or better)

For example yesterdays race at Kansas had 199 minutes of race coverage (from the Prayer to the checkered flag)
There were 56 minutes of commercials... or about 35% of the air time was ads.
On a normal nightly TV show they allow 30 minutes for a show with 10-12 minutes for ads. ( forget which) If we assume 30 minutes for the show and 10 minutes for the ads, that also comes up to 35% commercials. If it's 12 minutes then it's 40% ads.

At Texas there was 227 minutes of total broadcast with 51 minutes of ads. So the race ran 28 minutes longer, with 5 minutes fewer ads. SO it was around 25% ads there.

Martinsville had 243 minutes of racing, and 52 minutes of ads. SO this race had 44 minutes more racing, and 4 minutes less ads. (roughly 20-25%

In looking over the ads times from this season all the races had between 51 and 57 minutes of commercials. SO I guess that is the "target" amount of time they sell for ad space.

DAYTONA only had 209 minutes race time, but had 74 minutes of ads. SO as you know there is a lot of hype and ads for this race,.. but still it only had about the same amount of a prime time TV show (about 35%)

Just an FYI... I thought i was kinda interesting and I'd share.
Back to top Go down
http://fantasynascarracin.yolasite.com/
Humphrey Racing
Truck Series Champion
Truck Series Champion
Humphrey Racing

PostSubject: Re: No unofficial Kansas results   No unofficial Kansas results Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 12:03 pm

Good info. there M5..You know it still irks the crap out of me to have to pay so much to the cable company,and still get so many commericals..In my little mind,there is just something wrong with that..And if you think its bad now,you just wait a couple more years when NASCAR has their own cable channel,and it will be a premium channel just like HBO,and they will still play 25 to 40 percent of on air time in commericals...Sirius radio is the same way,for what we pay in premiem cost,the talk channels have way too many commericals..jmo..
Back to top Go down
TalladegaTom
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
TalladegaTom

PostSubject: Re: No unofficial Kansas results   No unofficial Kansas results Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 1:30 pm

I guess for me the difference between ads on a TV sitcom or something is that those shows do not have company logos splashed all over the place.
If you are watching a race, you are inundated with ads on the cars themselves, banners all over the race track and the announce booth spewing them out at every opportunity.
It is all promo all the time in reality.
THAT imho, SHOULD reduce the number of ad minutes that we must endure and increase the race coverage time, but Nooo.
The sad fact is that we race fans get taken advantage of in that area.
I for one, am awfully tired of that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TalladegaTom
Zacky1053
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie

PostSubject: Re: No unofficial Kansas results   No unofficial Kansas results Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:02 pm

TalladegaTom wrote:
I guess for me the difference between ads on a TV sitcom or something is that those shows do not have company logos splashed all over the place.
If you are watching a race, you are inundated with ads on the cars themselves, banners all over the race track and the announce booth spewing them out at every opportunity.
It is all promo all the time in reality.
THAT imho, SHOULD reduce the number of ad minutes that we must endure and increase the race coverage time, but Nooo.
The sad fact is that we race fans get taken advantage of in that area.
I for one, am awfully tired of that.

I get that completely, but if I had to guess it comes down to the money coming into NASCAR. They simply cannot compete financially on the same level that the NFL or MLB can.

NASCAR is closer to Minor League Baseball, the NHL or Soccer, where similarly you see sponsor logos all around the field, rink, etc in addition to on some teams' uniforms.

That being said, soccer finds a way to have no commercial breaks during the game except for halftime, but all other sports have commercials in addition to sponsor logos all over.

Yeah, I would like to see more "side-by-side" or just fewer commercials in general, but I don't think that's financially achieveable for NASCAR right now.

I also don't see a problem with the ads on the cars themselves. Oddly I find it as part of what makes NASCAR NASCAR. The logos and paint schemes on the car make it look appealing. Just compare the look of say Dale Earnhardt Jr's car compared to that of a start and parker. I swear you could mistake some of those for street cars they have so little advertising on it.

I will agree with the drivers' obligations in terms of giving "dibs" to their sponsors though. We talked about it in another thread about how the drivers seem to spend more time thanking their sponsors than they do discussing how the race went in the postrace interviews.
Back to top Go down
TalladegaTom
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
TalladegaTom

PostSubject: Re: No unofficial Kansas results   No unofficial Kansas results Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 11:44 pm

Sponsor ads back in the day were quaint. Most always just one sponsor. One color scheme.
A car could have a consistent look for an entire season or more.
Then the die-cast craze came along and things really went nuts.
The media was all to happy to oblige as it was in their interest to do so.
Here we are today.
NASCAR has become an over commercialized product that more and more people are not paying attention to.

I say bring back the beach course and make 'em run Hudson's. Just one time. cheers
...sigh...yeah, I'll buy the die-cast. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TalladegaTom
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No unofficial Kansas results   No unofficial Kansas results Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No unofficial Kansas results
Page 1 of 1