Fantasy Racing Online Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Racing Online Message Board

HomeHome  Back To Main Site  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fox Sports 1 and 2

Go down 
+5
Humphrey Racing
chrisjen
Zacky1053
rmiller
Super Grandma CO9
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Super Grandma CO9
Truck Series Veteran
Truck Series Veteran
Super Grandma CO9

Fox Sports 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Fox Sports 1 and 2   Fox Sports 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 11:19 am

I am not impressed with the new channel.  Recorded 1st practice and qualifying yesterday.  Found out today that on Dish network Fox Sports 2 is in another package, therefore I can not watch final practice.  I do not watch other sports, which is why I liked Speed channel.  Am I the only one who misses Speed channel?
Back to top Go down
rmiller
Inaugural FRO Champ
Inaugural FRO Champ
rmiller

Fox Sports 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fox Sports 1 and 2   Fox Sports 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 3:09 pm

No you are not.

After the disaster of the new Nascar.com site. This is but another example of "screw the fan" moves.
Back to top Go down
rmiller
Inaugural FRO Champ
Inaugural FRO Champ
rmiller

Fox Sports 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fox Sports 1 and 2   Fox Sports 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 3:11 pm

there is a site of which I am not familiar with,called Justin tv. don't know if practices are shown
Back to top Go down
Super Grandma CO9
Truck Series Veteran
Truck Series Veteran
Super Grandma CO9

Fox Sports 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fox Sports 1 and 2   Fox Sports 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 4:09 pm

Thanks for the site I'll look it up
Back to top Go down
Zacky1053
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie

Fox Sports 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fox Sports 1 and 2   Fox Sports 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 5:29 pm

Super Grandma CO9 wrote:
I am not impressed with the new channel.  Recorded 1st practice and qualifying yesterday.  Found out today that on Dish network Fox Sports 2 is in another package, therefore I can not watch final practice.  I do not watch other sports, which is why I liked Speed channel.  Am I the only one who misses Speed channel?
I enjoy the idea of an ESPN "rival", but from the first couple weeks I don't see much of a comparison other than seeing five or six people that worked for ESPN seemingly weeks ago at the new network.

And yes, their NASCAR coverage is not even comparable already. Yeah, I get that if you're trying to rival ESPN you can't rely on NASCAR coverage to get viewership but I swear I remember the people at SPEED saying Fox Sports 1 would have just as good NASCAR coverage as the old channel.
Back to top Go down
chrisjen
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie
chrisjen

Fox Sports 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fox Sports 1 and 2   Fox Sports 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 6:49 pm

I find it very hard to stay up with what channel practice and qualifying are on, FS1 or FS2 the post on tvracer.com saved me from missing things
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Racing
Truck Series Champion
Truck Series Champion
Humphrey Racing

Fox Sports 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fox Sports 1 and 2   Fox Sports 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 7:06 pm

This whole thing with this Speed channel switching to FS1&2 or whatever the hell they did is just another crap sandwich we are being fed,because NASCAR wants to get it to the point where anything to do with NASCAR will cost the fan,and because of these changes,other racing related programs are effected,and screw us...
Back to top Go down
Super Grandma CO9
Truck Series Veteran
Truck Series Veteran
Super Grandma CO9

Fox Sports 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fox Sports 1 and 2   Fox Sports 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 8:41 pm

Speed channel is now Fox sports 1 and I found out today that Fuel TV channel is now Fox Sports 2.  I have to upgrade on dish to get both.  According to Jaski's  site for the next couple of weeks they are showing different practices on each channel.  YUGH!!  Now what happens in 2014-2015 when ESPN and TNT are no longer showing Nascar?  I have 4 ESPN channels and only watch them for Nascar.  SCREW THE FAN is right!!!!
Back to top Go down
Zacky1053
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie

Fox Sports 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fox Sports 1 and 2   Fox Sports 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 9:13 pm

Super Grandma CO9 wrote:
Speed channel is now Fox sports 1 and I found out today that Fuel TV channel is now Fox Sports 2.  I have to upgrade on dish to get both.  According to Jaski's  site for the next couple of weeks they are showing different practices on each channel.  YUGH!!  Now what happens in 2014-2015 when ESPN and TNT are no longer showing Nascar?  I have 4 ESPN channels and only watch them for Nascar.  SCREW THE FAN is right!!!!
Apparently by I think 2015 the races will be divided amongst FOX, NBC, NBC Sports Network (another that is not so easily available at least on DISH), and perhaps Fox Sports 1.

Not looking forward to that.
Back to top Go down
Super Grandma CO9
Truck Series Veteran
Truck Series Veteran
Super Grandma CO9

Fox Sports 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fox Sports 1 and 2   Fox Sports 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 9:50 pm

UGH
Back to top Go down
rmiller
Inaugural FRO Champ
Inaugural FRO Champ
rmiller

Fox Sports 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fox Sports 1 and 2   Fox Sports 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 2:18 am

all about $. period. I got att uverse. $250 month. 5 TV's,puter and phone. I don't have their biggest package.
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Administrator
Jordan

Fox Sports 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fox Sports 1 and 2   Fox Sports 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 12:08 pm

rmiller wrote:
No you are not.

After the disaster of the new Nascar.com site. This is but another example of "screw the fan" moves.
Oh don't get me started on their new site.. lol

Just noticed yesterday that I get FS1 but I don't get FS2. scratch
Back to top Go down
https://fantasyracingonline.forumotion.com
Zacky1053
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie

Fox Sports 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fox Sports 1 and 2   Fox Sports 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 2:21 pm

Jordan wrote:
rmiller wrote:
No you are not.

Oh don't get me started on their new site.. lol

Again going back to their attempt to rival ESPN, pretty sure 99.9% of homes that have ESPN have ESPN2 (they are paired together so to speak).
Back to top Go down
TalladegaTom
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
TalladegaTom

Fox Sports 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fox Sports 1 and 2   Fox Sports 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 2:36 pm

Jordan wrote:

For all the money NA$CAR has they could buy a few brains to make any transitions like this seamless.
They sure blew it on this one.

Who runs things over there anyway?  NASCAR has been steadily screwing itself over and over for awhile now.
OK OK, I know.  They are trying.  Brian has it all under control.  Razz

But wait!  There's hope!
I see
they have a job opening for a Media Research Manager.
Duties include gems like "analyze television results, viewership composition"  and "Create media research reports"
Must have a "
Basic understanding of motorsports".  LMAO!
I wouldn't last too long.  After I reported that the coverage sucks and presented them the supporting data, I would surely be retired early.
But what other results could come from analyzing current NASCAR tv data? scratch 

The link below will take you to the NASCAR job listings page.
It should link to about the middle of the page where this particular job opening is posted among a host of others.
Maybe someone here will take the job and will prevent the next stupid thing.

http://nascar.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/jobs/jobskey.cfm?s=NASCAR#58264

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TalladegaTom
4tars
Truck Series Veteran
Truck Series Veteran
4tars

Fox Sports 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fox Sports 1 and 2   Fox Sports 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 7:26 pm

I have submitted my application to NASCAR for the MRM position.  Very likely I will get the same old 'over-qualified' response, or they aren't will to pay me what I'm worth.  People with expertise like myself don't work for nothing.
Back to top Go down
rmiller
Inaugural FRO Champ
Inaugural FRO Champ
rmiller

Fox Sports 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fox Sports 1 and 2   Fox Sports 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 8:29 pm

Get chrisjen to recommend you. He knows what you are worth. Speaks highly of you.Smile
Back to top Go down
M5-Studebaker
Truck Series Champion
Truck Series Champion
M5-Studebaker

Fox Sports 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fox Sports 1 and 2   Fox Sports 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 7:46 pm

Yeah... NASCAR is just working it's way around to making the fans pay to watch NASCAR races.
When they do... I'm done.
Too bad my cousin Chase is just getting into NASCAR.... but so be it
Back to top Go down
http://fantasynascarracin.yolasite.com/
rmiller
Inaugural FRO Champ
Inaugural FRO Champ
rmiller

Fox Sports 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fox Sports 1 and 2   Fox Sports 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 1:22 am

Rebrowsed your Studebaker project. incredible amount of work. Great detail in picture work also.

I have never tried any thing remotely comparable. Truly a labor of love.
Back to top Go down
M5-Studebaker
Truck Series Champion
Truck Series Champion
M5-Studebaker

Fox Sports 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fox Sports 1 and 2   Fox Sports 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 10:13 am

yes it is... (lots of work)  LOL
I have some more pics I need to add.
Just going wide open lately
I'll send out a note when I update site again
Back to top Go down
http://fantasynascarracin.yolasite.com/
chrisjen
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie
chrisjen

Fox Sports 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fox Sports 1 and 2   Fox Sports 1 and 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 8:16 pm

rmiller wrote:
Get chrisjen to recommend you. He knows what you are worth. Speaks highly of you.Smile
4tars you can use me as a reference, I really don't think they could possibly find you over qualifyed:lol:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fox Sports 1 and 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fox Sports 1 and 2   Fox Sports 1 and 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fox Sports 1 and 2
Page 1 of 1