Fantasy Racing Online Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Racing Online Message Board

HomeHome  Back To Main Site  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Telsa In the Making

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rmiller
Inaugural FRO Champ
Inaugural FRO Champ
rmiller

Telsa In the Making Empty
PostSubject: Telsa In the Making   Telsa In the Making Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 12:45 pm

Back to top Go down
TalladegaTom
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
TalladegaTom

PostSubject: Re: Telsa In the Making   Telsa In the Making Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 11:59 am

Wow! is right!
Amazing what technology and forward thinking can do.  It is good to not only think outside the box, but never consider a box to begin with.  Tesla epitomizes that.

Whenever I see extraordinary stuff like this, especially in the automotive world, I am reminded of Henry Ford.
Yeah, he gets credit for perfecting the assembly line and the Model T and all, but he was also dead set against NOT improving any new designs. 
He thought the Model T was all humanity would ever need and refused to even look at Model A designs for years.  That stubborn attitude is the exact opposite of what Elon Musk and the Tesla embodies.
It was an odd position to have, but if Henry had been allowed to have his way, the Model A and anything beyond would never have been built.  Seriously.
Ford would have dwindled out of business as folks stop buying the old "T" technology and moved towards the latest cats meow.

If you've got about 2 1/2 hours, interested folk may enjoy this PBS American Experience documentary of the man.  He was brilliant and fascinating but also very stubborn to advancement of technology and a bit weird imho.
I really feel for what Edsel had to go through.  It's no wonder he died young.

http://video.pbs.org/video/2329934360/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TalladegaTom
New Zealand Ambrose Fan
Truck Series Rookie
Truck Series Rookie
New Zealand Ambrose Fan

PostSubject: Re: Telsa In the Making   Telsa In the Making Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 8:59 am

Very impressive. I guess the writing was on the wall for Detroit and no wonder the unemployment rate wont budge. I dont think Musk is as stuck in his ways as ole Henry Ford. If you think the same put your money where your belief is ... Tesla shares have quadrupled , yep 400%, in the last 4 months , unheard of, Apple aside, but this is still fairly new and the upside potential is HUGE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Telsa In the Making   Telsa In the Making Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Telsa In the Making
Page 1 of 1