Fantasy Racing Online Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Racing Online Message Board

HomeHome  Back To Main Site  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rule Changes for 2014

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TalladegaTom
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
TalladegaTom

Rule Changes for 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Rule Changes for 2014   Rule Changes for 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 9:56 pm

I read where NASCAR is considering a wicker bill for next year among other changes.
I like the idea, but some may not.

When we had it before, the passing was improved.
The drawback was the closing rate was too crazy at times.  Eh, it just needed tweaks that never came.

The wicker bill makes more drag and punches a bigger hole in the air.
That helps to enhance what is left of the slingshot.
More slingshot definitely makes for more passing and excitement.
Certainly that is a hectic situation for drivers and all, but I would much rather see a situation where the leader is unable to hold the lead for more than a couple laps before someone sling shots past him.
It also brings more teams into the game and would break up the two car tandem stuff.

In a general way, less aero at the big tracks makes better racing in my opinion.
I vote yes on the wicker bill.

Mulhern also thinks there may be rumblings of swapping the July race at Daytona with the season finale in Homestead.
Daytona bookends as it were.  Starting and finishing at Daytona.
Finish a potential championship fight on a plate track?  I'm ALL for that!  Yeah they might have to take 'dega out though.
Two plate races in The Chase is one too many. Or is it?  pirat 
Oh the calamity.

What more could a fan want?
I say do it  Do it all!

http://www.mikemulhern.net/DailyBriefing/nascar-on-tv-in-2014-the-dealing-may-be-done-but-not-the-questions/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TalladegaTom
Zacky1053
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes for 2014   Rule Changes for 2014 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 1:31 am

If anything I've always wondered why they don't end the season at Charlotte.

Ending the season at Daytona would not be very popular IMO. Could you imagine two guys racing for the Championship getting caught in a "big one" on the final lap?
Back to top Go down
TalladegaTom
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
TalladegaTom

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes for 2014   Rule Changes for 2014 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 11:20 am

"Could you imagine two guys racing for the Championship getting caught in a "big one" on the final lap?"

A Chase ending crash on the final lap?  That is PURE entertainment!
Yeah it would suck for them, but someone would be a surprise benefactor.
A big one on the final lap where they are all sliding across the finish line and some dark horse wins it?
I couldn't write a better script.

I understand your side though and know I am in the minority.  I'd still go for it.
Back to top Go down
chrisjen
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie
chrisjen

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes for 2014   Rule Changes for 2014 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 11:57 am

I agree with Tom,moving the final race to Daytona would make the race more accessible to more people I live in Louisiana and Daytona isn't a bad drive pulling the RV but it's a long way to Homestead, the track is an awesome place to go to and it would definitely be an exciting end to the season, we gave up our July Daytona tickets because it's to hot and too short, 3 days total in the infield and your gone,not enough time to relax
Back to top Go down
TalladegaTom
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
TalladegaTom

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes for 2014   Rule Changes for 2014 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 3:29 pm

So it looks like NASCAR is going with a larger rear wing as opposed to the wicker bill.
Unless NASCAR is mandating that the thing is see thru, a large rear wing will inhibit the drivers view just as it did last time they tried that.
It was the lack of vision that was the reason why they went with the wicker bill in the first place.
Am I missing it here? 

I dunno, it's still a little early here, but maybe if I Rule Changes for 2014 Smilie_smoke_042, I'll understand the way NASCAR thinks a bit better.
Back to top Go down
M5-Studebaker
Truck Series Champion
Truck Series Champion
M5-Studebaker

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes for 2014   Rule Changes for 2014 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 12:40 am

TalladegaTom wrote:

Two plate races in The Chase is one too many. Or is it?  pirat 
Oh the calamity.
To each his own... I'm kind of the opinion ONE plate race in the chase is too many.
I'd MUCH rather see a road course in the chase.  Make them do every discipline of racing in the Chase to determine the Champ.  Short tracks, ovals and a road course.
Back to top Go down
http://fantasynascarracin.yolasite.com/
M5-Studebaker
Truck Series Champion
Truck Series Champion
M5-Studebaker

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes for 2014   Rule Changes for 2014 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 12:59 am

TalladegaTom wrote:

Mulhern also thinks there may be rumblings of swapping the July race at Daytona with the season finale in Homestead.
Daytona bookends as it were.  Starting and finishing at Daytona.
I see where the 2014 schedule was released... the Chase races look like a mirror image of 2013.  Same races; same order.
I DID see where they swapped Kansas with Darlington - Darlington is going from Mothers Day weekend (510) to 4/12 - Hope we don't freeze our asses off at Darlington that early in the season.  Saturday night in April COULD get cold.
All other races remain on their designated weekends, with the exception of Texas and Martinsville, which will run a week earlier in the spring

NOW I did see this "The 2015 schedule, with new broadcast partner NBC Sports entering the mix, is likely to see more significant changes than 2014.".  SO who knows what we'll see in 2015.  Since all our local short tracks have closed,.. I'd just as soon see the races move to Saturday night, but I don't think we'll see anything like that.  Like Tom said,.. it'll probably be a shuffling of race dates (maybe they'll add a road course to the Chase)??

I THINK I heard Homestead may be completely removed from the schedule at some point.
IMO, I think the last three races should be Texas, Phoenix and Las Vegas.  The NASCAR Banquet is going to be held there,.. why not have the race, a big blow out and then the banquet.  Makes total sense to me (not to mention the final races are in a warm climate with less chance for weather interference.)
Back to top Go down
http://fantasynascarracin.yolasite.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes for 2014   Rule Changes for 2014 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rule Changes for 2014
Page 1 of 1