Fantasy Racing Online Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Racing Online Message Board

HomeHome  Back To Main Site  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Truex to the #78 and ...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TalladegaTom
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
TalladegaTom

Truex to the #78 and ... Empty
PostSubject: Truex to the #78 and ...   Truex to the #78 and ... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 9:35 am

Martin Truex Jr. will drive for Furniture Row next year.
See ya Mikey.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/martin-truex-jr-agrees-join-furniture-row-racing-team-2014-leaves-michael-waltrip-racing-101613

and Sadler is slated to fill in for Vickers I hear.

Last edited by TalladegaTom on Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TalladegaTom
Zacky1053
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Truex to the #78 and ...   Truex to the #78 and ... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 2:43 pm

Nice to see Truex get the real remaining "top ride".

Wonder if Furniture Row would accept additional sponsorship if NAPA decided to jump on board...they've been pretty consistent with sponsoring the car themselves (along with Serta).
Back to top Go down
TalladegaTom
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
TalladegaTom

PostSubject: Re: Truex to the #78 and ...   Truex to the #78 and ... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 2:59 pm

That's a good point.  I'm sure they would LOVE to have NAPA.
The question is, what is NAPA going to do?

I have heard nothing solid about their next move yet.
Maybe they are leaving NASCAR altogether or are still gathering things for the next campaign.

I guess they don't necessarily "know how" to move just yet.
Back to top Go down
Zacky1053
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Truex to the #78 and ...   Truex to the #78 and ... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 5:25 pm

TalladegaTom wrote:
That's a good point.  I'm sure they would LOVE to have NAPA.
The question is, what is NAPA going to do?

I have heard nothing solid about their next move yet.
Maybe they are leaving NASCAR altogether or are still gathering things for the next campaign.

I guess they don't necessarily "know how" to move just yet.
lol at that last time.

Personally, as much as I know they want to promote their own brand, I think FRR would be nuts not to pass it up if NAPA comes calling. Kurt Busch may have gotten them to a level where they can legitimately compete for a Championship (They're not Jimmie Johnson or Matt Kenseth, but you get my point), which is already a big deal as a single-car operation, besides the fact that they're based out of Denver when basically every other team is in Charlotte which makes it even more impressive.
Back to top Go down
Zacky1053
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Truex to the #78 and ...   Truex to the #78 and ... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 5:28 pm

TalladegaTom wrote:
and Sadler is slated to fill in for Vickers I hear.
Possibly a little more relief for those playing the Yahoo! game and running out of Stenhouse starts.

Should have plenty of choices over these last four weeks with guys like Bayne, Sadler, Allmendinger and possibly Larson for a race or two.
Back to top Go down
Zacky1053
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Truex to the #78 and ...   Truex to the #78 and ... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 2:57 pm

If FRR could make the strides they did in 2013 (although not so much in the Chase), imagine what they could do with extra sponsorship from NAPA. Hmmmmmmm...

• NAPA Could Join Truex Jr. at FRR: Martin Truex Jr. commented about NAPA sponsorship during a Team Chevy press conference on Friday at Texas Motor Speedway:
    Q) HAS NAPA LEFT THE DOOR OPEN TO ANY FUTURE DISCUSSIONS OF POSSIBLY COMING BACK WITH YOU IN YEARS TO COME?
    TRUEX  I think that really at this point anything is possible. We have got a lot of great partners that we have worked with over the years. That Ive worked with personally that have shown interest in the program that we are going to put together. Yeah, I cant really say much right now about it, Im not sure, but they have been great supporters of mine the last four years. Hopefully we will be able to do something together. We have got a lot of great partners that are interested in the program and hopefully moving forward we will be able to put some things together with them.(Team Chevy)(11-3-2013)
Back to top Go down
TalladegaTom
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
TalladegaTom

PostSubject: Re: Truex to the #78 and ...   Truex to the #78 and ... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 3:07 pm

Ooh.

I'd love to see that. 

But only if NAPA stops the stupid commercials.
Mikey can shake his butt and naturally act like a fool.
They don't need to make Truex act like one.  Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Zacky1053
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Truex to the #78 and ...   Truex to the #78 and ... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 5:41 pm

TalladegaTom wrote:
Ooh.

I'd love to see that. 

But only if NAPA stops the stupid commercials.
Mikey can shake his butt and naturally act like a fool.
They don't need to make Truex act like one.  Embarassed
That one with the talking oil cans and the bad guy from Karate Kid was good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Truex to the #78 and ...   Truex to the #78 and ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Truex to the #78 and ...
Page 1 of 1