Fantasy Racing Online Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Racing Online Message Board

HomeHome  Back To Main Site  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Apparently Kyle Larson and Juan Pablo Montoya Have Something in Common...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zacky1053
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie

Apparently Kyle Larson and Juan Pablo Montoya Have Something in Common... Empty
PostSubject: Apparently Kyle Larson and Juan Pablo Montoya Have Something in Common...   Apparently Kyle Larson and Juan Pablo Montoya Have Something in Common... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 6:49 pm

Other than Kyle taking over Montoya's car in 2014.

Just about pulled a JPM and took out a safety truck.

Sorry if this is old news and I just missed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3kMyqI3_A8
Back to top Go down
TalladegaTom
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
TalladegaTom

PostSubject: Re: Apparently Kyle Larson and Juan Pablo Montoya Have Something in Common...   Apparently Kyle Larson and Juan Pablo Montoya Have Something in Common... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 8:18 pm

HA!  I missed that too.
Great catch!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TalladegaTom
rmiller
Inaugural FRO Champ
Inaugural FRO Champ
rmiller

PostSubject: Re: Apparently Kyle Larson and Juan Pablo Montoya Have Something in Common...   Apparently Kyle Larson and Juan Pablo Montoya Have Something in Common... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 2:35 pm

I recall that! Whew.

Am looking forward to Kyle Larson rookie year. With Dillon, Larson, and Allgaier, A true rookie season looming. Having these new names is a plus for NASCAR.
Back to top Go down
Zacky1053
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Apparently Kyle Larson and Juan Pablo Montoya Have Something in Common...   Apparently Kyle Larson and Juan Pablo Montoya Have Something in Common... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 3:21 pm

rmiller wrote:
I recall that! Whew.

Am looking forward to Kyle Larson rookie year. With Dillon, Larson, and Allgaier, A true rookie season looming. Having these new names is a plus for NASCAR.
Burton, Labonte, Martin, Montoya out.

Allgaier, Allmendinger, Dillon, Larson, Vickers all into FT rides.
Back to top Go down
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

PostSubject: Re: Apparently Kyle Larson and Juan Pablo Montoya Have Something in Common...   Apparently Kyle Larson and Juan Pablo Montoya Have Something in Common... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 3:42 pm

rmiller wrote:

And there'll be a handful of other up-and-cummer young NW drivers who we'll see getting a few cup races in next year as well.

All of whom will outrun Danica who will be in her second full-time season (third season, counting partials) next year.  Watch.  Already, even considering last race - check the results -  a few of these young NW guns outran Danica all race.  At Texas, Dillon, Larson, and even Kligerman out-performed her.

In my opinion, FWIW, nowadays, you'll get two years, maybe three, in cup after moving up - and if you don't show you have what it takes running with the big dogs you should get the boot.  That won't happen with Danica however.  And both the Dillons will get whatever time they need because of the Childress family connection.

If either of you guys would like to get into our NW Sidegame this weekend even for a single race we'd be glad to have you.  I'll put the game post up later this afternoon.  It's fun - $10 (less than a 12-pack of beer!)
Back to top Go down
Zacky1053
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Apparently Kyle Larson and Juan Pablo Montoya Have Something in Common...   Apparently Kyle Larson and Juan Pablo Montoya Have Something in Common... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 7:15 pm

Although let's face it, like them or not, at least the Dillon boys can race. There may not be Cup championships in their future, but you really can't put Danica in the same sentence.

I know that wasn't your intention I'm just saying while people may think the Dillon boys are getting a "free ride", they're also pretty good. Not like they're getting a ride based on their name and are running 25th every week.
Back to top Go down
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

PostSubject: Re: Apparently Kyle Larson and Juan Pablo Montoya Have Something in Common...   Apparently Kyle Larson and Juan Pablo Montoya Have Something in Common... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 7:32 pm

No, I wasn't suggesting at all they aren't great potential and will likely earn their way up the latter.  I like them both - having followed them along so far in the lower ranks.  But, they probably will get a bit more tolerance to failure and will probably get some extra time to prove themselves because of their connection.  And that's to be expected.  Danica'll get that extra time too because she's attractive, to both the fans and the sponsors.  That's the way business works; no objection to it - it's reality. 

My point is.....meanwhile we're going to see the Allgeieiieiieers and the Larsons and the Kligermans drive on by her.  And if they fail and don't get it done in a hurry they'll be out without a bat of the eye.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apparently Kyle Larson and Juan Pablo Montoya Have Something in Common...   Apparently Kyle Larson and Juan Pablo Montoya Have Something in Common... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Apparently Kyle Larson and Juan Pablo Montoya Have Something in Common...
Page 1 of 1