Fantasy Racing Online Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Racing Online Message Board

HomeHome  Back To Main Site  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NBC hires Jeff Burton

Go down 
AuthorMessage
rmiller
Inaugural FRO Champ
Inaugural FRO Champ
rmiller

NBC hires Jeff Burton Empty
PostSubject: NBC hires Jeff Burton   NBC hires Jeff Burton Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 1:42 am

NBC hires Jeff Burton as NASCAR analyst: NBC Sports Group has reached a multi-year agreement with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Jeff Burton, who will transition out of full-time driving and into the role of NASCAR analyst when the green flag waves over NBC Sports and NBCSN's upcoming slate of NASCAR coverage. The addition of Burton, who has already won 48 times on NASCAR's national circuits over an exciting 25-year career, places one of the most respected and passionate voices in motorsports into the center of NBC's soon-to-be-introduced NASCAR broadcast team. The announcement was made by Sam Flood, Executive Producer, NBC Sports and NBCSN.
"Jeff Burton was always the first person we would seek out when there was breaking news or an issue that needed to be covered throughout our previous contract with NASCAR, so he was the first person we called for this role," said Flood. "His insights, keen observations and many trophies have earned the respect of everyone involved with the sport. He will be an outstanding analyst, and has everyone here looking even more forward to getting started."
Burton will assume double duties throughout the 2014 season, racing a schedule of select Sprint Cup Series races while also contributing to NASCAR programming on NBCSN. When NBC Sports Group's exclusive coverage of NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series racing begins in 2015, Burton will serve as a full-time analyst on NBC and NBCSN.
"This is an exciting new challenge and I am thrilled to be joining the NBC Sports family," said Burton. "I will prepare for each race as if I were driving in it, and I look forward to sharing my experience, views and insights with all the dedicated and passionate NASCAR fans."(NBC Sports)(12
Back to top Go down

NBC hires Jeff Burton
Page 1 of 1