Fantasy Racing Online Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Racing Online Message Board

HomeHome  Back To Main Site  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend??????

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend?????? Empty
PostSubject: No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend??????   No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend?????? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 5:01 pm

Established Nationwide Game looking for a few new Players to join this weekend for the Standalone Race at Chicago.

Since we have no Sprint Cup race this weekend, its a good time to realize that we have a nationwide game that has been running for several years here. We have changed the format a little, where we now have a base player. The base players name is (4Tars) and he will post a base team before the green and your team is only running against him. So if you beat him the amount of winnings is based on the total number that beat him. It is $10.00 a race and we have 4 races left for this segment, so the amount to enter is $40.00. Last weeks winners received $40.00 a piece so that would have made you even with 3 paid-up entries left to go. Feel free to post any questions here and we will attempt to answer them ASAP! 

It's the Pick 5 Drop 1 Format.  Woody scores it up after the race and all those that Beat 4Tars share what's in the pot. With 12 Players the pot was $120 last week.

Here is the link to last weeks results (results are on page 2). 

http://www.mb-fantasyracingonline.com/t1380-nationside-beat-4tars-new-hamp-post-teams-here

(CF - thanks for helping with this, and if you see questions here before I do please answer them for me!)
Back to top Go down
ComancheFlyer
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
ComancheFlyer

PostSubject: Clarification of eligible entrys?   No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend?????? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 5:26 pm

Woody:
So in the NW side-game that you are currently running are you allowing a 1 race signup?  This is for this Sunday standalone race only correct?  And you can have 1 or multiple entries this week or is that every week from now on?  So it is $10.00 per entry per week based on your information to play?  I am signed up for the rest of the initial game (4) races or can I play as many races as I want to enter?   Thanks for the game looking forward to winning more coins as we go forward!!!
Back to top Go down
chrisjen
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie
chrisjen

PostSubject: Re: No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend??????   No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend?????? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 7:58 pm

just remember anyone scared of the Legend 4tars you are playing heads up against him!
Back to top Go down
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

PostSubject: Re: No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend??????   No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend?????? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 10:11 pm

Yup, Chris, Donnie and I were talking and realizing that we could use another few teams in the game and with there being no cup race maybe there's a few people out there who want some excitement this weekend.  In this format each race is entirely independent of the others in the session so there's no reason why someone couldn't either enter the whole session late (and only pay for the 4 races that remain) or enter just this single Stand Alone Race this weekend at Chicagoland for just the single $10 Ante.  It doesn't positively or negatively effect those that are in for the whole session - just increases the pot accordingly.

So, you can punch in a second team either way as noted above, if that's what you're thinking, for the one race of the remaining four.  I won't do this forever - it's just a 'promotional offer'Very Happy .

Why is it a 5-Race Session then if each race is independent and people can enter just part of the session,  you ask?  Because payouts won't occur till at the end of the whole session.  I'm not going to mail out checks each weekend; too much accounting (for a volunteer like me) to do.
Back to top Go down
Zacky1053
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie

PostSubject: Re: No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend??????   No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend?????? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 1:28 am

WoodsRacing wrote:
Yup, Chris, Donnie and I were talking and realizing that we could use another few teams in the game and with there being no cup race maybe there's a few people out there who want some excitement this weekend.  In this format each race is entirely independent of the others in the session so there's no reason why someone couldn't either enter the whole session late (and only pay for the 4 races that remain) or enter just this single Stand Alone Race this weekend at Chicagoland for just the single $10 Ante.  It doesn't positively or negatively effect those that are in for the whole session - just increases the pot accordingly.

So, you can punch in a second team either way as noted above, if that's what you're thinking, for the one race of the remaining four.  I won't do this forever - it's just a 'promotional offer'Very Happy .

Why is it a 5-Race Session then if each race is independent and people can enter just part of the session,  you ask?  Because payouts won't occur till at the end of the whole session.  I'm not going to mail out checks each weekend; too much accounting (for a volunteer like me) to do.

I'm probably in but will just commit to the one race for now if I do.

Just want to make sure I have the rules correct. Pick 5, Drop 1 (So six picks total, worst is dropped), and you can pick up to 2 "restricted" drivers per week?

In terms of payout I win (or split the pot) if I beat 4tars (who I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and guess is pretty good at this game)? Anything I'm missing?

Also any clue as to what type of pot we're looking at? I assume there are a decent number of people playing and the $10 fee for each week (from each player) goes into the weekly pot?
Back to top Go down
ComancheFlyer
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
ComancheFlyer

PostSubject: Re: No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend??????   No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend?????? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 9:50 am

Zacky1053 wrote:
WoodsRacing wrote:

Just want to make sure I have the rules correct. Pick 5, Drop 1 (So six picks total, worst is dropped), and you can pick up to 2 "restricted" drivers per week?

In terms of payout I win (or split the pot) if I beat 4tars (who I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and guess is pretty good at this game)? Anything I'm missing?

Also any clue as to what type of pot we're looking at? I assume there are a decent number of people playing and the $10 fee for each week (from each player) goes into the weekly pot?

Zacky:  This race is what we call a stand alone race this week.  No restricted drivers are allowed.  For a list of restricted drivers go to the Nationwide Side Game Section near the bottom of the main page and you can read the rules.  And it is pick 5 drivers and your lowest score is eliminated.  The best possible score is TEN:  So that would mean your drivers finished 1, 2, 3, 4. is does not matter where you 5th driver placed.

I would invite all those thinking of playing to look over the Nationwide Section on the main page to get a feel for what is going on.  Regarding payouts, it depends on the number that beat 4tars.  Last week the payout was $40.00 per winner.  But you will be able to determine for yourself whether you win or lose because all teams are posted.  And remember you and I can have identical teams or I can score higher than you but we both win if we beat the base line team which is posted by 4tars.  

Feel free to ask any questions and thanks for taking a look.  And all monies are returned to the players.  Good Luck and hope to see you playing with us on Sunday.

CF
Back to top Go down
Zacky1053
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie

PostSubject: Re: No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend??????   No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend?????? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 11:37 am

ComancheFlyer wrote:
Zacky1053 wrote:
WoodsRacing wrote:

Zacky:  This race is what we call a stand alone race this week.  No restricted drivers are allowed.  For a list of restricted drivers go to the Nationwide Side Game Section near the bottom of the main page and you can read the rules.  And it is pick 5 drivers and your lowest score is eliminated.  The best possible score is TEN:  So that would mean your drivers finished 1, 2, 3, 4. is does not matter where you 5th driver placed.

I would invite all those thinking of playing to look over the Nationwide Section on the main page to get a feel for what is going on.  Regarding payouts, it depends on the number that beat 4tars.  Last week the payout was $40.00 per winner.  But you will be able to determine for yourself whether you win or lose because all teams are posted.  And remember you and I can have identical teams or I can score higher than you but we both win if we beat the base line team which is posted by 4tars.  

Feel free to ask any questions and thanks for taking a look.  And all monies are returned to the players.  Good Luck and hope to see you playing with us on Sunday.

CF

Guess that part about the stand alone race slipped my mind but I think I've got a handle on it for the most part. Thanks for the clarification.
Back to top Go down
chrisjen
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie
chrisjen

PostSubject: Re: No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend??????   No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend?????? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 7:01 pm

Zacky don't let 4tars picking ability scare you off he is a legend in his own mine only, there are a lot of good players in this side game but the beauty is you only have to beat 4tars score to earn a share of the pot where the old game you had to beat everyone and that was some pretty stiff competition!
Back to top Go down
ComancheFlyer
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
ComancheFlyer

PostSubject: Re: No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend??????   No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend?????? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 7:41 pm

You know its gonna be worth the price of admission to see who 4tars picks this week.  Normally he picks Kyle Busch always (I understand and not being critical there), and then its either Logano or Kenseth depending on who is running that race.  He finishes it out with Smith, then it looks like who ever has the best stats for the 4th and 5th driver.  Ut-Oh - Gotta get out of your box this week - 4chumps - ITS A STANDALONE RACE!!  What ya gonna do now that you can't pick that lil Bushie Boy???????
Back to top Go down
chrisjen
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie
chrisjen

PostSubject: Re: No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend??????   No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend?????? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 8:09 pm

CF this is going to separate the men from the boys Logano is the only cup driver and no one can pick him this is gonna be fun!! maybe a first time winner?
Back to top Go down
ComancheFlyer
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
ComancheFlyer

PostSubject: Re: No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend??????   No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend?????? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 11:43 pm

chrisjen wrote:
CF this is going to separate the men from the boys Logano is the only cup driver and no one can pick him this is gonna be fun!! maybe a first time winner?
ChrisJ: You been picking up your game and I will be surprised if you "do not" cash a winner this week.  But make sure you don't duplicate 4tars team cause a tie don't pay.  I bet he will be running Smith & Vickers but we can also if we desire.  The question is does his other scoring drivers out score mine, yours and the others.  I have got where I sorta like the stand alone races anyway.  Nice to see the 2nd tier talent showcased.   Good Luck!!
Back to top Go down
4tars
Truck Series Veteran
Truck Series Veteran
4tars

PostSubject: Re: No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend??????   No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend?????? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 11:59 pm

"2nd tier talent"

LOL.  That's you chump.  And your loser friends Woods Racing and 'CJ', Chump Junior.  All 2nd tier talent.  LOL.  You're now playing against the best in the world, so, don't expect to get much of your money back. LMFAO.
Back to top Go down
ComancheFlyer
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
ComancheFlyer

PostSubject: Re: No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend??????   No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend?????? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 10:17 am

4tars wrote:
"2nd tier talent"

LOL.  That's you chump.  And your loser friends Woods Racing and 'CJ', Chump Junior.  All 2nd tier talent.  LOL.  You're now playing against the best in the world, so, don't expect to get much of your money back. LMFAO.

Yep that's me "2nd tier Talent"....  Of course I beat you last weekend, so I guess that puts your talent level way down on the list!  But you get another chance tomorrow.   I predict your fate will remain the same.  Of course you will be shining with some new players coming on-board, right until they drop the green flag and your picks are locked!!!!
Back to top Go down
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

PostSubject: Re: No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend??????   No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend?????? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 1:42 pm

MERCY RULE UPDATE. AFTER MUCH THOUGHT I HAVE DETERMINED THAT THE MERCY RULE we used ln the old game is of no value here and will be voided from the rules in the beat 4tar games. all players will receive full scores or there 4 keeper drivers.
Back to top Go down
ComancheFlyer
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
ComancheFlyer

PostSubject: Re: No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend??????   No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend?????? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 7:15 pm

4tars wrote:
"2nd tier talent"

Well I thought Woody was doing you a favor by keeping the mercy rule in effect.  That way if you had a really really bad race you would just walk with a 50. But now if you score an 107 everybody know it and it goes in the record books at least for a few of us to remember anyway!!!!  Oh and it could potentially cost you a pay day also.  Unlikely, but if you  and everybody else would have had a mercy rule 50 you would have won because nobody beat you.  Lets see your words of wisdom in action one more time! 

"And your loser friends Woods Racing and CJ Chump Junior."

And lets see Woods Racing "The Commishes Response":

MERCY RULE UPDATE. AFTER MUCH THOUGHT I HAVE DETERMINED THAT THE MERCY RULE we used ln the old game is of no value here and will be voided from the rules in the beat 4tar games. all players will receive full scores or there 4 keeper drivers." 

Outstanding!!!  We will see you on the boards tomorrow 4Tars and lots of luck!!  BWWAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend??????   No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend?????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No Cup Race - Why not Try Nationwide this weekend??????
Page 1 of 1