Fantasy Racing Online Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Racing Online Message Board

HomeHome  Back To Main Site  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Go Jimmie!

Go down 
+5
Blossom
Zacky1053
Humphrey Racing
rmiller
TalladegaTom
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TalladegaTom
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
TalladegaTom

Go Jimmie! Empty
PostSubject: Go Jimmie!   Go Jimmie! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 12:57 pm

Both Matt and Jimmie are class acts and both make great champions.

I'm just rootin' for Jimmie and Chad is all.

May the best driver win.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TalladegaTom
rmiller
Inaugural FRO Champ
Inaugural FRO Champ
rmiller

Go Jimmie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Jimmie!   Go Jimmie! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 1:59 pm

Go Jimmie! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwP69dn6ToJDXxYnT_AUi5qC72bjddmlvoCdGqcP5f0uH-vfKt Smack him daddy!    Go Jimmie! Jimmie-Johnson-112013-300-ap  Mr. 6 time living the good life.

Last edited by rmiller on Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Racing
Truck Series Champion
Truck Series Champion
Humphrey Racing

Go Jimmie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Jimmie!   Go Jimmie! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 2:18 pm

I have Johnson on most of my teams, because him and Chad seem to be the best at whatever they are doing to win so much...And if you want points, you have him on your team, because the odds are he will get you the much needed points.. But that said, damn I hate to see him win another championship!
Let anyone win this year,except Johnson,I wouldn't even have a problem with that coattail hanger-on,Earnhardt Jr.winning over Johnson....Please,Please,Please,anyone but Johnson..
As the old saying goes: "Everything in moderation"  and that includes Johnson...
Back to top Go down
TalladegaTom
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
TalladegaTom

Go Jimmie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Jimmie!   Go Jimmie! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 2:36 pm

Ray, that made me laugh heartily!  lol  Smile

I see your point Humphrey.  
There was a time when it was the same old Petty guy that always won and then it was that other moonshining Johnson guy and then after that another Petty and that Pearson guy that won everything in sight.
Next thing ya know, there is some loud mouthed idiot from Kentucky that got hot driving for the other Johnson and then that dude in the black 3 came along.
After that, there was this young kid who started crying in Victory lane all the time.  Man, did he win a bunch.  
Yeah, it was boring as hell back then just like now with Jimmie and Chad.  Wink
At least Jimmie doesn't cry.

Good luck to ya'll today.

C'mon Ray, today is Danica's day to WIN!  Go for it!  lol!
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Racing
Truck Series Champion
Truck Series Champion
Humphrey Racing

Go Jimmie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Jimmie!   Go Jimmie! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 4:42 pm

I hear you Tom, don't like it, but I hear you...I remember every one of those you mentioned, didn't like it then either, except for Petty, he ran so damn many races back in the day, he was hard to keep up with..

Last edited by Humphrey Racing on Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zacky1053
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie

Go Jimmie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Jimmie!   Go Jimmie! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 10:15 pm

Damn...tough race for Kenseth to say the least.
Back to top Go down
rmiller
Inaugural FRO Champ
Inaugural FRO Champ
rmiller

Go Jimmie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Jimmie!   Go Jimmie! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 11:42 pm

Believe Tom had #99. Would have paid to see that reaction. Bummer!
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Racing
Truck Series Champion
Truck Series Champion
Humphrey Racing

Go Jimmie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Jimmie!   Go Jimmie! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 8:29 am

You know what's funny about this whole Jimmy Johnson thing,(and it's probably only funny to me) but I do a lot of bowling (3 leagues a week) well in bowling there's a saying that I think applies to Johnson,and that is:"Luck Beats The Hell Out Of Skill" I think it applies to him,and for all of that we get to watch him drag home another championship next race,what a sad day in NASCAR racing..
Back to top Go down
Blossom
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie
Blossom

Go Jimmie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Jimmie!   Go Jimmie! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 12:04 pm

Big fan of Matt & the #20 team, very upsetting to see them run so crappy after such a great season, none of
the JGR cars ran worth a damn scratch  Sure would have liked to see them duke it out with Jimmy at Homestead.

flower
Back to top Go down
TalladegaTom
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
TalladegaTom

Go Jimmie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Jimmie!   Go Jimmie! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 12:45 pm

We've all watched enough racin' to know that it ain't over yet.
Jimmie is sitting pretty and all, but anything can still happen.
I agree it would be far more entertaining if it were closer going into Homestead.

Maybe with all the Chase hoopla over with, we can get back to the business of the #24 and the #15 wrecking each other.  Smile 

Yeah Ray, I went out on a limb there to try and make a move and it ALMOST paid off.
If only for a splash of go juice.
That kinda said it all for the entire Roush/Fenway operation this season. 
They were about that short on performance all year.
Jack needs to keep his good eye on the ball for 2014 or those other guys will beat 'em again.  (I know, that was tasteless.  sorry)
Back to top Go down
Zacky1053
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie

Go Jimmie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Jimmie!   Go Jimmie! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 3:13 pm

TalladegaTom wrote:
#24 and the #15 wrecking each other.  Smile 
Interesting you bring that up because if you recall Brad K. JUST missed that wreck when he had a "healthy" lead over Jimmie in the standings.

Maybe Rowdy Busch will do something in the Nationwide Race that puts the Kez over the top and that carries over into the Cup finale and Jimmie gets wrecked as an innocent bystander.

Don't REALLY want to see that but part of me does just to make it interesting.
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Racing
Truck Series Champion
Truck Series Champion
Humphrey Racing

Go Jimmie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Jimmie!   Go Jimmie! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 3:47 pm

TalladegaTom wrote:
We've all watched enough racin' to know that it ain't over yet.
Jimmie is sitting pretty and all, but anything can still happen.
I agree it would be far more entertaining if it were closer going into Homestead.

Maybe with all the Chase hoopla over with, we can get back to the business of the #24 and the #15 wrecking each other.  Smile 

Yeah Ray, I went out on a limb there to try and make a move and it ALMOST paid off.
If only for a splash of go juice.
That kinda said it all for the entire Roush/Fenway operation this season. 
They were about that short on performance all year.
Jack needs to keep his good eye on the ball for 2014 or those other guys will beat 'em again.  (I know, that was tasteless.  sorry)
Come on Tom, you are talking like a track promoter, speaking of which, if you think there have been some ass's missing from the seats so far this season, wait until you see how many are missing at Homestead....affraid At least the booing won't too loud for Jimmy,with not so many people being there..Embarassed .
Back to top Go down
Fred & Barney
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie
Fred & Barney

Go Jimmie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Jimmie!   Go Jimmie! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:53 pm

Humphrey Racing wrote:
You know what's funny about this whole Jimmy Johnson thing,(and it's probably only funny to me) but I do a lot of bowling (3 leagues a week) well in bowling there's a saying that I think applies to Johnson,and that is:"Luck Beats The Hell Out Of Skill" I think it applies to him,and for all of that we get to watch him drag home another championship next race,what a sad day in NASCAR racing..
I suppose that was all "luck" when he saved it from hitting the wall when Edwards got into him.
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Racing
Truck Series Champion
Truck Series Champion
Humphrey Racing

Go Jimmie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Jimmie!   Go Jimmie! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 11:22 pm

Fred & Barney wrote:
Humphrey Racing wrote:
I suppose that was all "luck" when he saved it from hitting the wall when Edwards got into him.
Yeah Blaine,I wouldn't say it was all luck,but I say he has more than his share of it..
Back to top Go down
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

Go Jimmie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Jimmie!   Go Jimmie! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 12:49 am

Luck, good or bad luck, has a short-term effect on outcomes - whether it's racing, betting at the craps table, or playing the stock market.   Over the long haul, like winning 5 Championships,  it doesn't happen because of luck.  Like him or not, Johnson's good at what he does, Knause is equally good, and together they're great.  That's my opinion and um stickin to it.
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Racing
Truck Series Champion
Truck Series Champion
Humphrey Racing

Go Jimmie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Jimmie!   Go Jimmie! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 6:39 pm

WoodsRacing wrote:
Luck, good or bad luck, has a short-term effect on outcomes - whether it's racing, betting at the craps table, or playing the stock market.   Over the long haul, like winning 5 Championships,  it doesn't happen because of luck.  Like him or not, Johnson's good at what he does, Knause is equally good, and together they're great.  That's my opinion and um stickin to it.
Well Ken its like this. If you take your stickin opinion, and my voodoo doll, I'm thinkin we can get ol' JJ to come in about 29 points behind whoever..affraid ..I'd be happy if the pace car won, anyone but Johnson, and cheatin Chad..No ..GOOD LUCK TO THE REST OF THE FIELD.bounce ..
Back to top Go down
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

Go Jimmie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Jimmie!   Go Jimmie! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 8:20 pm

I'm in your corner on that.  My opinion on the effect of 'luck' and how it plays out of the long haul is only that.  It's not a vote for Jimmie.  There are a dozen other drivers I'd rather see win a championship or a race.  Tied of the same old same old, I am.

Lots of new young  guns coming down the pike - think things'll be different in a couple years.
Back to top Go down
Zacky1053
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie

Go Jimmie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Jimmie!   Go Jimmie! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 12:28 am

Is the 'hate' on Jimmie Johnson just about the Championships or Hendrick? Is it like a Yankees thing? Hate someone because they always win? (I know I know the Yankees haven't won a Series in awhile but you get my point).

Figure it can't be HMS because Dale Jr. is beloved, I barely hear much about Kahne and Gordon for the most part doesn't get a lot of heat.
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Administrator
Jordan

Go Jimmie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Jimmie!   Go Jimmie! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 8:06 am

Zacky1053 wrote:
Is the 'hate' on Jimmie Johnson just about the Championships or Hendrick? Is it like a Yankees thing? Hate someone because they always win? (I know I know the Yankees haven't won a Series in awhile but you get my point).

Figure it can't be HMS because Dale Jr. is beloved, I barely hear much about Kahne and Gordon for the most part doesn't get a lot of heat.
It has to be the championships. The #48 team just rarely has a bad week. Realistically there's maybe 5 races a year that they're not a threat for a top 5 finish, if not the win. Just look at his stats for all the tracks on the circuit--of the 23 venues, Johnson has an average finish of 10th or better at 12 of them. Absolutely unbelievable.

People like to hate the great ones. Personally, I'd like to see how Johnson would do if NASCAR shuffled the Chase races every year.

The guy is a machine.
Back to top Go down
https://fantasyracingonline.forumotion.com
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

Go Jimmie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Jimmie!   Go Jimmie! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 8:59 am

Hates the wrong word.
Back to top Go down
TalladegaTom
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
TalladegaTom

Go Jimmie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Jimmie!   Go Jimmie! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 11:10 am

If you are a competitor other than Jimmie, you are probably tired of getting beat by the #48 all the time too.    

As a former racer in the most amateur levels, there was always that guy that had everyone covered.
The only thing you can do is watch, learn what they are doing, and try to beat 'em.
In my limited experience, that kind of racer doesn't really cheat much.
They simply have things more "right" than everyone else.  They give meticulous attention to detail.
I think that applies to Jimmie and Chad.
They cover more little details than most other folks.  Those details add up.

Time will only show how good those two really are.
IMO, they still have a two or three more championships left in them.
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Racing
Truck Series Champion
Truck Series Champion
Humphrey Racing

Go Jimmie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Jimmie!   Go Jimmie! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 12:03 pm

I don't think its a case of hating the great ones,I think its simply a case of people getting tired of going to, or watching on TV "the JJ & Chad show" when there are 42 other drivers out there every week,of which maybe 15 should be as smart JJ & Chad..I just think something is out of wack when NASCAR claims the cars are all the same except for what the teams are allowed to massage on each one,and I think that is what NASCAR has not quite got a handle on yet..And talking about averages,of the 10 chase tracks,Johnson has a 3.9 finish,and that's only because at Homestead he has 14th finishing average...I still say I hope we can put some good old fashion voo doo on him this weekend..
Back to top Go down
TalladegaTom
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
TalladegaTom

Go Jimmie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Jimmie!   Go Jimmie! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 1:44 pm

Humphrey Racing wrote:
...I still say I hope we can put some good old fashion voo doo on him this weekend..
Very Happy   JGR can stick pins in their #48 dolls all they want, but if they want to really be effective in that area, Denny is going to have to "scratch" something at just the right time.
Back to top Go down
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

Go Jimmie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Jimmie!   Go Jimmie! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 6:58 pm

Tom, I think you're right on with the 'attention to detail' concept.  In fact, attention to detail is what, IMO, makes the difference in no matter what we do for a living, or what we do for 'play'.  

A couple other things I seem to notice that JJ and Knaus seem to have an edge on others are their ability to communicate.  Some Driver/Chief matchups just can't do it, and these two are on the same wave length all the time.  Also - ability to adjust to changes and generally 'figure things out in a hurry'. When the track changes  -maybe rain washes the rubber off or temperature changes unexpectedly, or Goodyear screws up the tire compounds, whatever it is Knaus seems to never get baffled by it.  He just figures it out better than others.  Got a knack for that.

And if he does 'cheat' we've got to give him credit for being a master at it.
Back to top Go down
rmiller
Inaugural FRO Champ
Inaugural FRO Champ
rmiller

Go Jimmie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Jimmie!   Go Jimmie! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 7:42 pm

How does one explain that in the world of golf, players often call a penalty on themselves even for the slightest thing, while in NASCAR, has that ever been the case? Is it training or what?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Go Jimmie! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Jimmie!   Go Jimmie! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Go Jimmie!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next