Fantasy Racing Online Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Racing Online Message Board

HomeHome  Back To Main Site  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Young Guns-Glass ceiling

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rmiller
Inaugural FRO Champ
Inaugural FRO Champ
rmiller

Young Guns-Glass ceiling Empty
PostSubject: Young Guns-Glass ceiling   Young Guns-Glass ceiling Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 12:05 pm

Back to top Go down
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

PostSubject: Re: Young Guns-Glass ceiling   Young Guns-Glass ceiling Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 8:24 pm

Says the young talent can't get into Cup because there aren't enough seats available -UNLESS they come with a package of money/sponsorship  (Danica????)

This maybe explains why I'm a big NW fan.  The talent goes racing - less strings attached.
Back to top Go down
TalladegaTom
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
TalladegaTom

PostSubject: Re: Young Guns-Glass ceiling   Young Guns-Glass ceiling Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 11:32 pm

I'm with Humpy on this one.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TalladegaTom
M5-Studebaker
Truck Series Champion
Truck Series Champion
M5-Studebaker

PostSubject: Re: Young Guns-Glass ceiling   Young Guns-Glass ceiling Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 11:40 pm

This Pistone guy that wrote this is full of horse hockey.
These young guys WILL get a ride when they are ready to move up.
If you ALREADY have a tie-in with a cup owner, then you will have a ride when you are ready.  Racing is becoming more and more a young drivers sport.
I asked this question on another thread... which OLD drivers will lose their rides when the young guys are ready to move up.... 
So far we have four 'old' drivers on their way out.  Martin, Burton, Labonte, and Montoya.  I also have not saw Dave Blaney's mentioned as having a ride next year
I know when I worked on a pit crew our driver was 40 and THAt was the main reason we had problems getting sponsorship.  That was 2000-2002.  It's gotten even harder now for older drivers.

Let's look at who else stands where.
1)  Austin Dillon will be in the CUP series for sure in 2014 because he is guaranteed a ride from "Pop Pop".  When Ty Dillon gets ready to race CUP; he'll have a ride also.
2)  Kyle Larson is also moving up to CUP next season... 
3)  Justin Allgaier will be driving for Harry Scott, and that man has some money to invest in a team so we'll see Allgaier all season if he performs anywhere near decent.
4)  Michael Annett is driving for Tommy Baldwin racing in a full time ride.
(so these four guys moving in pretty much fill the spots for the guys going out)  Of course Martin not driving will be replaced by Vickers full time too.

and:
5)  Bubba Wallace has a Truck series win this year, AND he is already signed as a Gibbs development driver.  SO IMO he'll have a ride with Gibbs when the time comes.
6)  Chase Elliott has also won a truck series race this year, and has signed a development contract with Hendrick... so no doubt he'll have a ride when he is ready.  As I am sure all of you heard they all had a meeting with NAPA this week; so sponsorship I am sure was discussed
7)  Ryan Blaney is signed with Penske racing to a development contract; again when he is ready to move up, he'll have a ride
Cool  Richard Petty Motorsports has signed BOTH Ryan Truex, and Corey LaJoie. (given; these guys need more experience, but I don't see any of these drivers listed moving to CUP full time until 2016.
9)  I also think James Buescher, and Jeb Burton, will have a CUP ride in a few years.  IMO Harry Scott is testing the CUP waters next year, and in a year or two, Turner-Scott Motorsports will all move up to CUP with some of the drivers they are fielding now.    (In case no one noticed Turner-Scott fielded SIX trucks in the final Truck series race at Homestead)

Parker Klingerman IMO could have a ride with Kyle Busch when he gets ready for CUP.  He has shown good success in Kyle's cars this season.
Alex Bowman should end up somewhere...?
These are just the drivers in people radar right now.  Step back a little and you'll see drivers like Chris Buescher, Ben Kennedy, Erik Jones, Ross Chastain, John Hunter Nemechek, etc... all just a year or two behind

I listed 12 driver above (just in the bold) who I think are "for sure" to have a ride in the next few years... Some of the older guys will have to go.  IMO the writer is of the WRONG opinion when he says there is NOT sponsorship money to put these guys in a car.  What will happen is the OWNERS will work out sponsorship deals to put the younger drivers in the cars, and shove out the older guys.  There will still be the SAME sponsors involved for the most part.  Sponsors are trying to attract a YOUNGER audience,.. so they want younger drivers fans can relate to.  Pretty simple.

I DO think we'll see a little expansion also.  To be honest I am surprised Furniture Row don't expand from one team to two in 2014.  I think with the added info they'd be even more competitive.
Elliott will move into Jeff Gordon's seat when Gordon retires (about 2 or 3 more seasons)  Gordon will then go in as part owner with Hendrick of that team also (like he is part owner of Johnson's car now) 
I also think Kyle Busch will make that same move and field a car as part-owner for a driver like Bubba Wallace.  And as I said I think Turner-Scott will be in CUP in a BIG way in a couple years (probably two or three teams at least)  That'll just make more open seats by expansion.
The young guys are coming... who are the OLDER guys who'll be without a ride 3 years down the road
Back to top Go down
http://fantasynascarracin.yolasite.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Young Guns-Glass ceiling   Young Guns-Glass ceiling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Young Guns-Glass ceiling
Page 1 of 1