Fantasy Racing Online Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Racing Online Message Board

HomeHome  Back To Main Site  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The prize schedule

Go down 
+4
Beaver Motel
Waterslager
Speedbump
Jordan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jordan
Administrator
Jordan

The prize schedule Empty
PostSubject: The prize schedule   The prize schedule Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 6:40 pm

Just letting everyone know that the prize schedule for the main game WILL change. Those numbers were based on 50 teams entered and we're already above that. A finalized prize schedule will be sent out in an announcement e-mail later this month.
Back to top Go down
https://fantasyracingonline.forumotion.com
Speedbump
Truck Series Champion
Truck Series Champion
Speedbump

The prize schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: The prize schedule   The prize schedule Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 10:20 pm

Jordan wrote:
Just letting everyone know that the prize schedule for the main game WILL change. Those numbers were based on 50 teams entered and we're already above that. A finalized prize schedule will be sent out in an announcement e-mail later this month.

Hey Jordan.......I don't remember for sure what the original prize structure was and can't find it on the boards. If memory serves me right the original payout was what the take in was. I may have misread. In my opinion you need to keep a portion of the proceeds for site maintenance and for your time. I don't know the costs associated with what you're doing but this way everybody contributes some. You may already be doing that if not I think you should.
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Administrator
Jordan

The prize schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: The prize schedule   The prize schedule Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 10:35 pm

Speedbump wrote:
Jordan wrote:

Hey Jordan.......I don't remember for sure what the original prize structure was and can't find it on the boards. If memory serves me right the original payout was what the take in was. I may have misread. In my opinion you need to keep a portion of the proceeds for site maintenance and for your time. I don't know the costs associated with what you're doing but this way everybody contributes some. You may already be doing that if not I think you should.

Site costs will be taken out, but I don't be taking anything for my time. Here's the original prize schedule, but it's going to be updated soon:

1st Place – $400

2nd Place – $275

3rd Place – $150

4th Place – $75

5th Place – $25

Charity – $25 (the NASCAR Foundation)
Back to top Go down
Speedbump
Truck Series Champion
Truck Series Champion
Speedbump

The prize schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: The prize schedule   The prize schedule Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 1:49 pm

Jordan....the original prize structure payout if you figure in the segment money is at 100%. Glad to know you're keeping some of the excess money to cover your costs. I'd hate to see you go in the hole while taking the time to do this. Thanks for the site!!... bounce
Back to top Go down
Waterslager
Truck Series Veteran
Truck Series Veteran
Waterslager

The prize schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: The prize schedule   The prize schedule Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 2:17 pm

Jordan we know how time consuming it is to operate FRO and we don't want to see you get burnt out, Your doing a great job and we want to see it grow year to year. You need to make it worth while. Be sure you take out enough to cover everything. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Beaver Motel
Truck Series Veteran
Truck Series Veteran
Beaver Motel

The prize schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: The prize schedule   The prize schedule Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 3:50 pm

Right. Keep some for yourself Jordan. Laughing

If you do want to increase the pot, a payout down to 10th place might be nice...$10 5th to 10th maybe?? cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.beavermotel.com
Jordan
Administrator
Jordan

The prize schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: The prize schedule   The prize schedule Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 4:04 pm

Beaver Motel wrote:
Right. Keep some for yourself Jordan. Laughing

If you do want to increase the pot, a payout down to 10th place might be nice...$10 5th to 10th maybe?? cheers

Still debating on whether to pay top 5-7, or extend it even father down. The farther down it goes, the lower the prizes at the top get. I'll probably put a poll up for you guys to vote on to see what I'm going to do.
Back to top Go down
KB Racing
Truck Series Rookie
Truck Series Rookie
KB Racing

The prize schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: The prize schedule   The prize schedule Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 5:21 pm

If you dont want to take anything for your time, then I think you should be able to win the prize money. I have no problem with you having the chance to win prizes. Especially if you dont want to take anything out for your time. What does everyone else think?
Back to top Go down
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

The prize schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: The prize schedule   The prize schedule Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 6:17 pm

IMO, this game Jordan has put together has great potential and a profitable future. The climate right now is perfect for a new game to break in and pick up the many disgruntled players from places like PTF, CDM, which is not what it used to be in numbers, as well as closed games like R4G and Thunder.

Although most of us know Jordan and see him as the most trustworthy (at least I do) it's never going to good for 'perception' when a game manager competes for part of the pot. It's a bad general principle. Opens the doors to accusations and insinuations and could possibly put him in a position he doesn't want to be in. New 'lookers' to the game, those that come here to scout it out will be turned away by that concept. I would, if I didn't know him. So, I think that's a bad idea.

On the other hand I feel no one should put this much time into a project without compensation. Unless, of course, it's part of the overall plan for future growth (most start-up businesses don't initially make a profit).

Just one opinion.
Back to top Go down
ComancheFlyer
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
ComancheFlyer

The prize schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: The prize schedule   The prize schedule Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 8:06 pm

Woody:
I agree 100% with your post. But I think I got a solution for Jordon.

First I would like to qualify this:
1. Woody is running a shootout game. Time and effort involved.
2. SLD is running the clubhouses and entering several teams. Lot of effort.
3. We got a special deal in the D&D CH that is above the normal game. Thanks Blossom, W/S and whoever else may be involved in that.
4. Jordon is running with a new startup game, and it looks great. So Jordan should be able to play and now he can without offending or making it look that it is not fully above board.

A. He can pick any two of his teams by Daytona and I will match any winnings for the game, that he would have won based on the prize schedule.
Example: If he places 4th and 7th with those teams, I would pay him that amount. However, the game would still pay those places as if he were not entered. Whatever the rules are he must follow also. His team should be posted before, at green flag or asap after to insure continuity.
In other words it might cost me some bucks or nothing.

GAME ON! I eat fantasy nascar writers for breakfast, any questions Chump?
Back to top Go down
RockStar
Truck Series Veteran
Truck Series Veteran
RockStar

The prize schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: The prize schedule   The prize schedule Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 9:53 pm

WoodsRacing wrote:
IMO, this game Jordan has put together has great potential and a profitable future. The climate right now is perfect for a new game to break in and pick up the many disgruntled players from places like PTF, CDM, which is not what it used to be in numbers, as well as closed games like R4G and Thunder.

Although most of us know Jordan and see him as the most trustworthy (at least I do) it's never going to good for 'perception' when a game manager competes for part of the pot. It's a bad general principle. Opens the doors to accusations and insinuations and could possibly put him in a position he doesn't want to be in. New 'lookers' to the game, those that come here to scout it out will be turned away by that concept. I would, if I didn't know him. So, I think that's a bad idea.

On the other hand I feel no one should put this much time into a project without compensation. Unless, of course, it's part of the overall plan for future growth (most start-up businesses don't initially make a profit).

Just one opinion.

Woody didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night ....

He owns 1 .... Idea
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Administrator
Jordan

The prize schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: The prize schedule   The prize schedule Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:20 pm

I plan on doing what Mike did last year at R4G. I'll have a team that is posted the same time as everyone else's, but it won't count in the actual standings. It will be "a lap down", to describe it like Mike did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The prize schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: The prize schedule   The prize schedule Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The prize schedule
Page 1 of 1