Fantasy Racing Online Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Racing Online Message Board

HomeHome  Back To Main Site  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format.

Go down 
+12
Humphrey Racing
rmiller
Top8Legendracing
WELLBORN RACING
Fred & Barney
ruler_210
MadDog Racing
chrisjen
BOOMER SOONER
4tars
ComancheFlyer
WoodsRacing
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Empty
PostSubject: NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format.   NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 2:43 pm

Thinking about changing the format down the road, maybe in the next session. I've been kicking around the idea of a new format for quite sometime now and would like your thoughts on it. I think this would make the game just a bit more interesting, so please give this some thought and let me know the goods and bads of it.

I initially contemplated the name of this game format as 'BEAT THE POLE'. But have recently thought BEAT THE TAR OUT OF 4TARS might be more fun. Please give it a read - the games meant to be serious even if the suggested name isn't.

The concept: using rounded off costs and player-counts for ease of explaining..............
Scoring is the same as current in our Nationside Game - Pick 5 Drop 1. Nothing changes with that.

Let's say we have 10 Players; and once again for explanation let's assume a Session would run 10 races.

Each player pays a fee of $10 per race. Think of it as an 'ANTE' in a poker game.
(I know that equals a lot of money ($100) for 10 races but don't get excited; you'll see once you understand the game that there's no way you're going to possibly lose that much)

In each race we are actually all competing against 4TARS. I originally planned to have a rotating player each week, designated as 'THE POLE' and all other players would be competing against that POLE player. One week you all would be attempting to beat MY score, the next week we're all attempting to beat GT CHARLIE, the following week we're all up against MADDOG, etc etc.

This competition is really a Race-by-Race game as far as payout is concerned, at least.

In Race 1 (as well as all subsequent races) there is $100 in the 'pot' - because we have 10 players in this example and we've all anteed up $10 bucks each. If we have 20 Players and perhaps a more affordable Weekly Ante of $5 each we would have a weekly pot equally the same $100. The cost of the game is yet to be determined and I'd want your input on that.

The Players that beat 4tars each week split the pot. If there are only 2 that beat 4tars they split the $100 and each takes home $50. If 5 players beat 4tars the pot is split 5 ways. If 4tars gets beat by only one other player that one player wins the ENTIRE pot. There may be a week when all 9 players beat him and the pot is split 9 ways.

IF 4TARS WINS ON ANY GIVEN WEEK HE WINS $100 AND HE GETS TO RUN HIS MOUTH ABOUT IT TILL THE COWS COME HOME. 4TARS's odd of winning or losing overall for the session are the same as all other players. If he scores the highest even on a single race he's already broke even. If he does it twice he's up $100!

Those that DON'T beat 4tars lost their $10 ante. But, as you see, by odds alone, we should each win back money about half the time and statistically we'd all break even at the end of the session (since there is no house rake i.e. I run the game for free putting all the money back into the prize fund). However, nothing finishes out statistically - there are winners and losers in all these games.

Simply put if you BEAT THE TAR OUT OF 4TARS you win money. If you lose to 4tars you lose money. Over the course of a 10-Race Session you can win a lot of money if you are one of only a few players on any given week to beat him. You have to really suck to get beat by 4tars every week in a 10-Race Session and lose all your money. Not going to happen. If it does, there's the .357, loaded, in the gun case.

I'd need to give more thought on how 'ties' play out and how to get 4tars maybe to agree to send his picks in to me via email - which maybe I shouldn't post until the drop of the flag to avoid ties. Perhaps a tie would result in no blood lost - your $10 ante is returned. I'd have no problem bowing out as a player to avoid advantage/conflict.

Format is the same - Pick 5 - Drop 1. That way my scoring and charting system all stays the same.
I'd post an additional chart after each race showing each players financial report (how much they are up/won back of their initial 10-Race ante. Payouts could be weekly but that's a lot of work for me and I'd rather payout all at once at the end of the session.

YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE ON THIS NEW CONCEPT?

'BEAT THE TAR OUT OF 4TARS' - the future of Fantasy NASCAR Sidegames?

patent pending
Back to top Go down
ComancheFlyer
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
ComancheFlyer

PostSubject: Re: NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format.   NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 4:49 pm

That sounds like an interesting format and the more players the better the game which means a more economical the ante. You would need to get 4tars money ahead of each segment if you did use him as the baseline. You may have addressed this but you have to beat him not tie him. And if you beat him by 1 or 10 the share is the same for each player. I'll ante up if if you decide run it. It will probably be a headache for payments though if 4tars finishes near the bottom each week. I would try to keep it even money payouts if possible just for your sake so its not 7.23 one week and 6.79 the next. But hey its your vision so I am sure you thought of that before hand?
Back to top Go down
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

PostSubject: Re: NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format.   NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 5:11 pm

That's why I would hope to simply post everyones current money due each week and just payout at the end.

I wouldn't run the game if I had to mail out a dozen payments each week. So players have to trust me - but that's no different than it's always been. I have to get the money up front - it's the only way to run a sidegame, unless it's just a couple good friends.

4tars would play, btw. I've got assurance of that believe it or not; and his mommy said it was OK.

Yes, you understand it correctly, CF, it doesn't matter how much you beat him by - you just have to beat him.

Very much like a poker game. You win the hand over a pair of deuces, whether you have a pair of threes or a Full Boat. It's also like a poker game in that everyone will win hands quite often. But it's where you stand - up or down - at the end of the night (session) that matters to you.
Back to top Go down
4tars
Truck Series Veteran
Truck Series Veteran
4tars

PostSubject: Re: NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format.   NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:57 pm

"BEAT THE TAR OUT OF 4TARS might be more fun"

Woods: HA HA HA to your self a-hole!!! You did not tell me the name of the game when you emailed me about playing!! Yes I agreed to the format and spending the money upfront, because I stand to win a large amount of money. But I do not appreciate you naming that game without me knowing about it. And you did not talk to my mother so quit saying that. You only emailed me not her!!
PS: I will still play with that format but I expect you to send the $100.00 to me every week I win!!!
If you can not do that then forget it!
Those are my terms - Do you Understand???
Good cause you are still an >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>__________________"Fill in the blank"!

Back to top Go down
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

PostSubject: Re: NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format.   NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 6:07 pm

4TARS, my friend, you ain't half bad. I don't care what they say. Just cause they say you're the most hated arrogant pompous self-absorbed jerk in the world of fantasy sports, I say you're alright for offering to take part in this new game should we run it. I can change the name of the game if it'll make your mommy happy.

Thinking about.......
"So, You Think You Can Beat 4TARS?"
or
"Beat The Great 4Tars"
or
"Outscore The Jerk, Win $!"

See if your mommy likes any of those.

Back to top Go down
BOOMER SOONER
Truck Series Veteran
Truck Series Veteran
BOOMER SOONER

PostSubject: Re: NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format.   NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 11:18 pm

4 TARS.... THE PERFECT DUNCE, CRYBABY ,JOKE OF FANATSY NASCAR.....LMAO...LMAO......
NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. _dunce_cap
EVERYONE AGREE..LMAO
NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. People-laughing
Back to top Go down
BOOMER SOONER
Truck Series Veteran
Truck Series Veteran
BOOMER SOONER

PostSubject: Re: NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format.   NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 11:22 pm

WELL THE...FFA... FUTURE FARMERS OF AMERICA AGREE....LOL WITH WOODY
NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. C-ffa-entire-group
Back to top Go down
chrisjen
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie
chrisjen

PostSubject: Re: NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format.   NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:10 pm

the game sounds fun and your first name sure has a great ring to it
Back to top Go down
MadDog Racing
Truck Series Veteran
Truck Series Veteran
MadDog Racing

PostSubject: Re: NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format.   NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 8:12 pm

It sounds interesting but i'm not sure if I can afford to play as i'm near retirement.
Back to top Go down
ruler_210
Truck Series Rookie
Truck Series Rookie

PostSubject: Re: NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format.   NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 10:21 pm

I really like the concept of the new game. It is a little more then I would like to fork out at one time as money is tight. I do see the oppurtunity to make some of it back. I would like to see how many people are interested in playing, but yes you can mark me down as I would play. I was about to send you the 10 bucks for next segment but guess ill hold for now pending the outcome.
Back to top Go down
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

PostSubject: Re: NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format.   NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 10:56 pm

Yes, hold off on sending any payments.  I have NP with getting those payments in a week or two late - whichever way we go.

So far 8 teams have registered an opinion on this.

2 said "Either way is fine with me".

6 said they like the new idea and appear to vote for that.

2 of the above, like yourself, ruler, expressed apprehension over the up front cost - although they recognize there will certainly be a return, if not a profit in the end.

I'll be pressing for more opinions this weekend and this week.  I've been wanting to try this new format for quite a while.  I like the idea that each week, each race, you're on the edge of your seat because there's money on the table - the $ doesn't only get won at the end of the game.  That, to me, is attractive.
Back to top Go down
ComancheFlyer
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
ComancheFlyer

PostSubject: Re: NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format.   NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 11:19 am

Woody:

I take it you are planning on starting this new game after the Daytona Race.  If so you could do the first segment with 8 races.  With 20 player teams that would be a $40.00 per entry.

20 X $40.00  = $800.00 
Thus your original $100.00 payout each race.

Then you would have "THE CHASE" for the remaining 10 races and could adjust Fees accordingly, plus it gives everybody a chance to see it in action.  

I think a few of us can add an extra team to make up the 20 to start with, so put me in for 2 teams to start the NEW GAME.

And thanks for the games and the effort you put into it.  And as always they are a lot of fun.

CF
Back to top Go down
Fred & Barney
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie
Fred & Barney

PostSubject: Re: NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format.   NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 11:52 am

I'm in
Back to top Go down
WELLBORN RACING
Truck Series Veteran
Truck Series Veteran
WELLBORN RACING

PostSubject: Re: NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format.   NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 12:15 pm

I'm in
Back to top Go down
Top8Legendracing
Truck Series Veteran
Truck Series Veteran
Top8Legendracing

PostSubject: Re: NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format.   NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 12:40 pm

I'll give it a try lol!
Back to top Go down
MadDog Racing
Truck Series Veteran
Truck Series Veteran
MadDog Racing

PostSubject: Re: NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format.   NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 1:14 pm

I think I will have to go to the bench on this. Maybe next year. Thanks for running this Woody. The new concept sounds very interesting.
Back to top Go down
chrisjen
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie
chrisjen

PostSubject: Re: NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format.   NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 5:17 pm

I'm in
Back to top Go down
ruler_210
Truck Series Rookie
Truck Series Rookie

PostSubject: Re: NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format.   NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 7:00 pm

I will be at the Daytona Nationwide race this weekend so would appreciate something to root for. So I hope we can have either format figured out before this weekend. Thanks
Back to top Go down
ComancheFlyer
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
ComancheFlyer

PostSubject: Re: NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format.   NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 8:10 pm

Ruler-210:  I don't think it will happen that quick, but I will play you heads-up for half of a $40.00 entry fee $20.00 on the new game.  Pick 5 drop one for a one race challenge at Daytona!!!  At least you will have some extra incentive to root for 5 drivers!!!!
Back to top Go down
ComancheFlyer
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
ComancheFlyer

PostSubject: Re: NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format.   NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 8:12 pm

BTW:  I don't even know if Woody has even seen this thread today, so he may poo poo all of this or even worse send the black Pontiac GTO after me!!!
Back to top Go down
chrisjen
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie
chrisjen

PostSubject: Re: NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format.   NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 8:21 pm

CF I hope Woody wouldn't leave us hanging with a restrictor plate race to screw up everybodys start but I would get into a heads up with you and Ruler I remember how great my picking skills were when I was at Talladega,I had Vickers and he wasn't even in the race
Back to top Go down
ComancheFlyer
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
ComancheFlyer

PostSubject: Re: NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format.   NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 9:53 pm

chrisjen wrote:
CF I hope Woody wouldn't leave us hanging with a restrictor plate race to screw up everybodys start but I would get into a heads up with you and Ruler I remember how great my picking skills were when I was at Talladega,I had Vickers and he wasn't even in the race

Tell you what ChrisJen and Ruler210.  Lets plan on a Pick 5 drop one (1) race deal unless Woody starts the game this week.  Anybody that wants in, all you got do is chime in!!!  I think Woody can help us track down the money if need be.  But lets make it a $10.00 entry fee and only one entry per player.  Winner takes all and if it is a tie, they split the pot.  

So if anyone wants some action on the Daytona RACE speak up and bring ya money!!!!!
Back to top Go down
4tars
Truck Series Veteran
Truck Series Veteran
4tars

PostSubject: Re: NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format.   NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 11:45 pm

NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Th?id=H.4752184812701634&pid=15
Back to top Go down
4tars
Truck Series Veteran
Truck Series Veteran
4tars

PostSubject: Re: NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format.   NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 11:51 pm

Yep, I would like to join in on this 1 Race deal but that Big mouthed Boomer Stupid ARSE picture posting fool, is afraid to get in the game.  I would like to stomp his lil weenie in the dirt!! !  So you guys have fun.  Once Boom quits hiding behind others, I will kick his butt to the curb with my pickings!!
Above Picture courtesy of that lame arse Boomer!  !!!
Back to top Go down
rmiller
Inaugural FRO Champ
Inaugural FRO Champ
rmiller

PostSubject: Re: NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format.   NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 2:10 am

NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Smilie_dNATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Smilie_a NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Smilie_nNATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Smilie_iNATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Smilie_cNATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Smilie_aNATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Smilie_wNATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Smilie_iNATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Smilie_nNATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Smilie_s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format.   NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NATIONSIDE PLAYERS (and everyone)- NEED YOUR INPUT - new game format.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next