Fantasy Racing Online Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Racing Online Message Board

HomeHome  Back To Main Site  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tie Breaker question

Go down 
+4
jb fastcat
Jordan
Beaver Motel
WoodsRacing
8 posters
AuthorMessage
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

Tie Breaker question Empty
PostSubject: Tie Breaker question   Tie Breaker question Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 3:40 pm

Thought I'd ask this before we get started.

Tie Breaker Rule states:
"If there is a tie between any teams that win money, the team that submitted the final roster first will be granted the higher spot."

If I interpret the rule correctly I have the follow questions:

If I tie with someone for say, second place overall, if I submitted my roster for the last race (Homestead) on a wednesday and the person I tied with submitted his roster on thursday, I'd be the winner?

If the other person didn't submit a roster for Homestead, if he let his previous weeks roster ride (which is allowable by the rules) then he'd be the winner?

Does the Tie Breaker rule pertain to Segment Winners as well?

If I submit a roster on wedneday, then my competitor submits on thursday, then I change my roster on friday, and we tie who's the winner? Him, because of the 'final' roster wording?

Is there going to be a specific time each week when rosters can be submitted? Surely, you'll have to clear last weeks rosters and you probably won't do that until the scoring is finalized by nascar.

In conclusion, ties are not common but do occur. Good time to clear this up before it happens.

Thanks Jordan, and it looks like you just hit 100 PLAYERS. Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
Beaver Motel
Truck Series Veteran
Truck Series Veteran
Beaver Motel

PostSubject: Re: Tie Breaker question   Tie Breaker question Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 3:47 pm

If things were that close Woody, you could make a trade just before the green flag, then immediately trade back to your original driver. To me, that would be the "final" roster. geek
Back to top Go down
http://www.beavermotel.com
Jordan
Administrator
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: Tie Breaker question   Tie Breaker question Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 3:53 pm

Thought I'd ask this before we get started.

Tie Breaker Rule states:
"If there is a tie between any teams that win money, the team that submitted the final roster first will be granted the higher spot."

If I interpret the rule correctly I have the follow questions:

If I tie with someone for say, second place overall, if I submitted my roster for the last race (Homestead) on a wednesday and the person I tied with submitted his roster on thursday, I'd be the winner?

Yes.

If the other person didn't submit a roster for Homestead, if he let his previous weeks roster ride (which is allowable by the rules) then he'd be the winner?

Yes

Does the Tie Breaker rule pertain to Segment Winners as well?

Yes

If I submit a roster on wedneday, then my competitor submits on thursday, then I change my roster on friday, and we tie who's the winner? Him, because of the 'final' roster wording?

Yes

Is there going to be a specific time each week when rosters can be submitted? Surely, you'll have to clear last weeks rosters and you probably won't do that until the scoring is finalized by nascar.

Should open up on Tuesdays most week.

In conclusion, ties are not common but do occur. Good time to clear this up before it happens.

Thanks Jordan, and it looks like you just hit 100 PLAYERS. Congratulations![/quote]
Back to top Go down
https://fantasyracingonline.forumotion.com
Jordan
Administrator
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: Tie Breaker question   Tie Breaker question Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 3:53 pm

This was the easiest tiebreaker I could think of, and because they don't happen too often I didn't put too much thought into it.

Any other ideas?
Back to top Go down
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

PostSubject: Re: Tie Breaker question   Tie Breaker question Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 3:58 pm

Highest score in last race, then highest score in second to last race, etc till tie is broken.

Highest score of the season (or segment, if it's a segment tie) followed by second highest score of the season, etc, until tie is broken.

Example: FB and I tie for 1st. He scored the higher score at Homestead. He wins
Back to top Go down
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

PostSubject: Re: Tie Breaker question   Tie Breaker question Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 4:00 pm

Beaver Motel wrote:
If things were that close Woody, you could make a trade just before the green flag, then immediately trade back to your original driver. To me, that would be the "final" roster. geek

That would be considered a 'Chad Knaus' manuvre!
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Administrator
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: Tie Breaker question   Tie Breaker question Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 4:03 pm

WoodsRacing wrote:
Highest score in last race, then highest score in second to last race, etc till tie is broken.

Sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
jb fastcat
Truck Series Veteran
Truck Series Veteran
jb fastcat

PostSubject: Re: Tie Breaker question   Tie Breaker question Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 1:51 am

Jordan wrote:
WoodsRacing wrote:

Sounds good to me.

This would definitely be better. That way it's more performance based.
Back to top Go down
Rocky Top
Truck Series Champion
Truck Series Champion
Rocky Top

PostSubject: Re: Tie Breaker question   Tie Breaker question Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 2:14 am

I like the new idea as well.
Back to top Go down
Speedbump
Truck Series Champion
Truck Series Champion
Speedbump

PostSubject: Re: Tie Breaker question   Tie Breaker question Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 4:40 pm

Beaver Motel wrote:

Well maybe I'm reading this wrong but wouldn't that make you last to pick.....so you would lose the tie breaker. Come to think of it...that does sound like something Cheating Chad would do!! confused
Back to top Go down
Fred & Barney
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie
Fred & Barney

PostSubject: Re: Tie Breaker question   Tie Breaker question Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:14 pm

Jordan wrote:
WoodsRacing wrote:

Sounds good to me.

I agree, this is a better way.
Back to top Go down
Fred & Barney
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie
Fred & Barney

PostSubject: Re: Tie Breaker question   Tie Breaker question Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:17 pm

Off topic:
I just noticed something here. I edited my post for spelling. This is the first time I didn't use the reason for editing box... it doesn't show that I edited. Just a heads up for threads that editing would pla role in.
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Administrator
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: Tie Breaker question   Tie Breaker question Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:25 pm

Fred & Barney wrote:
Off topic:
I just noticed something here. I edited my post for spelling. This is the first time I didn't use the reason for editing box... it doesn't show that I edited. Just a heads up for threads that editing would pla role in.

Editing is disabled in the forums that it could affect majorly (side games). Thanks for keeping an eye open for possible problems, though, Blaine.
Back to top Go down
rmiller
Inaugural FRO Champ
Inaugural FRO Champ
rmiller

PostSubject: Re: Tie Breaker question   Tie Breaker question Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 5:38 pm

personally, I think the final race do the deciding, if possible.

this would work.

if a tie breaker is needed, just start at the top pick group and move downwards. Odds are picks are not exactly alike, thus a clear cut winner emerges. If both had the same lineups, that meant they were tied in prior race also. Only then would would the prior race be needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tie Breaker question   Tie Breaker question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tie Breaker question
Page 1 of 1