Fantasy Racing Online Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Racing Online Message Board

HomeHome  Back To Main Site  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Stupid Picking/Scoring Question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

A Stupid Picking/Scoring Question Empty
PostSubject: A Stupid Picking/Scoring Question   A Stupid Picking/Scoring Question Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 2:51 pm

I've read the rules 20 times and still can not be sure how this works. If I pick 8 Drivers
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
and I pick G as my All-Star pick.

If G wins the rules clearly tell me I get double points, including double points for laps led.

What's not clear as a bell to me is do I also get the single value points for G? The rules on this matter read,,,,, "(you get All-Star Points) in addition to the points earned from your other drivers from each Group."

It's the word 'other' that hangs me up. 'Other' could mean the other 7 picks (A,B,C,D,E, and F) or it could mean 'other' as in other than All-Star which would include Driver G.

So, my question is if G wins do I get what will equate to 3x the points he actually earned in the race?

Thanks. I know I tend to read into things too much, but better clear my brain now than go into this not really knowing the rule. Part of what stems my confusion might be the fact that the rules allow us to pick an All-Star Driver who is not one of our standard 8 picks. Why would a person, if he thinks his All-Star pick is going to win, would he not have that pick as one of his 8 standard picks as well??????
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Administrator
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: A Stupid Picking/Scoring Question   A Stupid Picking/Scoring Question Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 3:03 pm

I think you're remembering R4G a bit, Woody. Only 5 picks total here haha. But anyway, let me explain with an example, all numbers are made up:

Group 1 - Carl Edwards (42 points)
Group 2 - Kurt Busch (10 points)
Group 3 - Greg Biffle (15 points)
Group 4 - Stenhouse Jr (6 points)
All Star - Carl Edwards (84 points)

So you get 42 + 10 + 15 + 6 + 84 = 157 ... so yes you get both.

As to why anyone would have someone as an All Star and not picked in another group, I don't know... but I bet it happens.

Also, don't forget about the bonus points for this game. They're different here than R4G
Back to top Go down
https://fantasyracingonline.forumotion.com
Rocky Top
Truck Series Champion
Truck Series Champion
Rocky Top

PostSubject: Re: A Stupid Picking/Scoring Question   A Stupid Picking/Scoring Question Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 3:09 pm

I can see it for plate tracks. Smart strategy IMO. Yes, it'll happen at least twice Cool

Jordan wrote:
I think you're remembering R4G a bit, Woody. Only 5 picks total here haha. But anyway, let me explain with an example, all numbers are made up:

As to why anyone would have someone as an All Star and not picked in another group, I don't know... but I bet it happens.

Also, don't forget about the bonus points for this game. They're different here than R4G
Back to top Go down
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

PostSubject: Re: A Stupid Picking/Scoring Question   A Stupid Picking/Scoring Question Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 3:19 pm

Yes, I was R4G on the 8 picks but my question was still the same and you answered it Jordan. Thanks. I haven't even done a demo pick yet. Let me ask this Jordan, do you have to manually enter our picks or is it done electronically? Guess I'm asking if I enter and re-enter and re-enter teams does it drive you crazy? You gonna throw the Woody out on the street?
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Administrator
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: A Stupid Picking/Scoring Question   A Stupid Picking/Scoring Question Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 3:42 pm

WoodsRacing wrote:
Yes, I was R4G on the 8 picks but my question was still the same and you answered it Jordan. Thanks. I haven't even done a demo pick yet. Let me ask this Jordan, do you have to manually enter our picks or is it done electronically? Guess I'm asking if I enter and re-enter and re-enter teams does it drive you crazy? You gonna throw the Woody out on the street?

Manual, but no biggie if you change teams. I don't mind it.
Back to top Go down
KB Racing
Truck Series Rookie
Truck Series Rookie
KB Racing

PostSubject: Re: A Stupid Picking/Scoring Question   A Stupid Picking/Scoring Question Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 12:45 pm

Do you doulbe the allstar pick even if they dont win? So if they finish third, you get double the third points? or no points at all?
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Administrator
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: A Stupid Picking/Scoring Question   A Stupid Picking/Scoring Question Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 3:03 pm

KB Racing wrote:
Do you doulbe the allstar pick even if they dont win? So if they finish third, you get double the third points? or no points at all?

Yes, double points no matter where they finish.
Back to top Go down
M5-Studebaker
Truck Series Champion
Truck Series Champion
M5-Studebaker

PostSubject: Re: A Stupid Picking/Scoring Question   A Stupid Picking/Scoring Question Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 10:29 pm

Jordan wrote:

LOL at ME... I'm new... yeah I use a different person for my "all-Star" pick all the time.
I guess to me it seems like I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket that way..??
IF I win,.. I'll know that's a good system....
Remember that's "IF"... LOL
Back to top Go down
http://fantasynascarracin.yolasite.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Stupid Picking/Scoring Question   A Stupid Picking/Scoring Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Stupid Picking/Scoring Question
Page 1 of 1