Fantasy Racing Online Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Racing Online Message Board

HomeHome  Back To Main Site  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pit Stall Selection Question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

Pit Stall Selection Question Empty
PostSubject: Pit Stall Selection Question   Pit Stall Selection Question Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 12:21 pm

Just wondering how this works; givin pit stalls are so important today.

Kyle qualifies 3rd, so he gets third pick of stalls.  There are 6 great pit stalls available for picking with a natural opening either behind your stall or in front of it.  Hamlin picks the obvious Stall #1 and then Johnson also picks a stall with a natural opening in front of him- leaving four more stalls next to natural openings assuring an easy-in or an easy-out.

Kyle picks next and he picks Stall #16 not having any idea who will end up just in front and just behind him risking getting pinned in all day long.

Why would he (crew chief) do that?  What am I missing????
Back to top Go down
TalladegaTom
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
TalladegaTom

PostSubject: Re: Pit Stall Selection Question   Pit Stall Selection Question Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 12:59 pm

Hmm.  That's interesting and weird.
I have no idea.

Maybe they just f'd up.
Maybe they are playing with the pit road speed timing zones perhaps?

Yeah, I'm stretching.  That does seem kinda dumb to pick that particular one though.
I see no advantage to that other than the #95 will likely park quickly freeing up the spot ahead of him.

Ooh, that gave me a conspiracy idea.  Twisted Evil 

Maybe Gibbs PAYS a start and parker to choose the spot ahead of them.
That opens up ANY pit road spot so that wherever they choose, they are guaranteed a clean exit.
Oooh.  Wonder if Mikey even thought of that one?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TalladegaTom
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

PostSubject: Re: Pit Stall Selection Question   Pit Stall Selection Question Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 1:10 pm

"Maybe they are playing with the pit road speed timing zones perhaps?" Very Possible, good thought.

"Yeah, I'm stretching.  That does seem kinda dumb to pick that particular one though.
I see no advantage to that other than the #95 will likely park quickly freeing up the spot ahead of him." But they didn't know the 95 (or WHO, for that matter) would end up in front or behind them when they picked)

"Ooh, that gave me a conspiracy idea.  Pit Stall Selection Question Icon_twisted " I've NEVER ruled out conspiracy theories in this business.  Example:  Johnson makes pit pick.  Kenseth crew has a teammate pick the stall right in front of him to jam Johnson up.  I'd do it.
Back to top Go down
TalladegaTom
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
TalladegaTom

PostSubject: Re: Pit Stall Selection Question   Pit Stall Selection Question Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 4:08 pm

Good point.  They would have had no idea who would have picked that spot.

My only other thought to try and make sense of it would be that maybe the historical choice for spot #15 has always ended up being used by a back marker.  (Didn't research the validity of that though)
Maybe based on that, they could choose that spot and feel reasonably secure knowing it will be open later on.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TalladegaTom
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pit Stall Selection Question   Pit Stall Selection Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pit Stall Selection Question
Page 1 of 1