Fantasy Racing Online Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Racing Online Message Board

HomeHome  Back To Main Site  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"Auction Series" Side Game

Go down 
+11
ComancheFlyer
SneakyLilDevil
V-Lane Jersey Joe
Kid Nascar
rmiller
WoodsRacing
Blossom
Fred & Barney
DOCSLOCKS
BumpDrafter
Jordan
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jordan
Administrator
Jordan

"Auction Series" Side Game Empty
PostSubject: "Auction Series" Side Game   "Auction Series" Side Game Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 pm

I'm happy to announce the unveiling of the "Auction Series Side Game". This is new for 2013 here at FRO, and I hope we have a good turnout.

Click here for the rules.

If you have any questions, feel free to drop a line here or e-mail me.
Back to top Go down
https://fantasyracingonline.forumotion.com
BumpDrafter
Truck Series Veteran
Truck Series Veteran

PostSubject: Re: "Auction Series" Side Game   "Auction Series" Side Game Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 1:06 am

i like the idea jordan, just put in some bids!! looking forward to the season
Back to top Go down
DOCSLOCKS
Truck Series Veteran
Truck Series Veteran
DOCSLOCKS

PostSubject: Re: "Auction Series" Side Game   "Auction Series" Side Game Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 10:22 am

could be very interesting Doc
Back to top Go down
Fred & Barney
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie
Fred & Barney

PostSubject: Re: "Auction Series" Side Game   "Auction Series" Side Game Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 10:57 am

Interesting indeed... bet it gets busy here on Feb. 23rd!
Back to top Go down
DOCSLOCKS
Truck Series Veteran
Truck Series Veteran
DOCSLOCKS

PostSubject: Re: "Auction Series" Side Game   "Auction Series" Side Game Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 11:25 am

I like the 23rd, its Sat. and gives everbody a chance. Still have almost 24 hrs. till race. DOC
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Administrator
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: "Auction Series" Side Game   "Auction Series" Side Game Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 11:58 am

Yeah, I figured Saturday would work best for the most people. If not, they can always enter a max bid and hope for the best! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Blossom
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie
Blossom

PostSubject: Re: "Auction Series" Side Game   "Auction Series" Side Game Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 1:12 pm

This might be the best side game yet cheers No trips to the mall till after the auction Very Happy

flower

Last edited by Blossom on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blossom
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie
Blossom

PostSubject: Re: "Auction Series" Side Game   "Auction Series" Side Game Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 1:35 pm

I just bid on a couple drivers, looks great except for one thing.......IMO....I don't think you should know the name of the person who has the high bid till the auction is over. If I know I'm bidding against a friend I might not want to push him or her too high, does this make sense Question

flower
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Administrator
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: "Auction Series" Side Game   "Auction Series" Side Game Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 1:39 pm

Blossom wrote:
I just bid on a couple drivers, looks great except for one thing.......IMO....I don't think you should know the name of the person who has the high bid till the auction is over. If I know I'm bidding against a friend I might not want to push him or her too high, does this make sense Question

flower

Makes sense, but not possible (at least with what I'm using right now). Possibly something I could look into for next year.
Back to top Go down
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

PostSubject: Re: "Auction Series" Side Game   "Auction Series" Side Game Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 1:41 pm

There are no 'friends'. This is for money. Knockdown dragout outbid your grandmother even if it means she won't get her heart medication blood and guts fantasy racing. lol.

Can you, Jordan, elaborate on how the Rest of Field bidding might work or set examples?
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Administrator
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: "Auction Series" Side Game   "Auction Series" Side Game Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 1:47 pm

WoodsRacing wrote:
Can you, Jordan, elaborate on how the Rest of Field bidding might work or set examples?

I decided to make the top 15 drivers from points last year available for bid individually, as well as race winners (Joey Logano and Marcos Ambrose). So 17 drivers are up for bid individually, and the rest of the drivers that will make a start in the Sprint Cup Series this year are apart of the "Rest of the Field". So you're essentially bidding on 26+ drivers all packaged into one, including *Paul Menard *Mark Martin *Brian Vickers *Jeff Burton *Aric Almirola *Jamie McMurray *Juan Montoya *Danica Patrick *Bobby Labonte *Regan Smith *Kurt Busch.
Back to top Go down
Blossom
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie
Blossom

PostSubject: Re: "Auction Series" Side Game   "Auction Series" Side Game Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 2:05 pm

THIS IS GOING TO BE TOTALLY INSANE ON FEB 23RD

I want to see who Woody is bidding on, I hope he has his blood pressure medicine handy lol!

flower
Back to top Go down
Fred & Barney
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie
Fred & Barney

PostSubject: Re: "Auction Series" Side Game   "Auction Series" Side Game Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 2:58 pm

Jordan, will you be bidding on this?
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Administrator
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: "Auction Series" Side Game   "Auction Series" Side Game Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 5:03 pm

Fred & Barney wrote:
Jordan, will you be bidding on this?

Haven't really decided yet. I know people don't like when game administrators play in their own games, but all of this is done before the season even starts, so.....
Back to top Go down
rmiller
Inaugural FRO Champ
Inaugural FRO Champ
rmiller

PostSubject: Re: "Auction Series" Side Game   "Auction Series" Side Game Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 12:25 pm

Blossom wrote:
THIS IS GOING TO BE TOTALLY INSANE ON FEB 23RD

I want to see who Woody is bidding on, I hope he has his blood pressure medicine handy lol!

flower
His medicine comes in the form of Homemade brownies with a home grown secret ingredient. So very good,folks offer him $. He won't take their money. He along with 2 others are pooling our resources to buy #48.(How many can our cartel own?)
Back to top Go down
Kid Nascar
Truck Series Veteran
Truck Series Veteran
Kid Nascar

PostSubject: Re: "Auction Series" Side Game   "Auction Series" Side Game Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 6:07 pm

Secret ingredient have anything to do with cows?
Back to top Go down
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

PostSubject: Re: "Auction Series" Side Game   "Auction Series" Side Game Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 8:53 pm

(message deleted.)
Back to top Go down
V-Lane Jersey Joe
Truck Series Rookie
Truck Series Rookie
V-Lane Jersey Joe

PostSubject: Re: "Auction Series" Side Game   "Auction Series" Side Game Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 9:05 pm

The auction looks like a great contest. Great job by Jordan of organizing it - looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
V-Lane Jersey Joe
Truck Series Rookie
Truck Series Rookie
V-Lane Jersey Joe

PostSubject: Re: "Auction Series" Side Game   "Auction Series" Side Game Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 2:22 am

My only concern with this contest is what will happen during the 5 minutes of bids. What happens if too many people are bidding at the same time? Will the person with the faster computer override any other attempted bids? I think that it may be prudent to do a Test Dry Run (no real money involved) prior to implementing it.
Back to top Go down
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

PostSubject: Re: "Auction Series" Side Game   "Auction Series" Side Game Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 11:31 am

Jersey Joe, if u submit your maximum bid before the rush (that's how much you think you're will to pay for any given driver) the system will be doing all the work for you. You won't need a computer, nor will you have to be paying attention.
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Administrator
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: "Auction Series" Side Game   "Auction Series" Side Game Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 1:13 pm

Joe, the only problem that could come up is if 2+ people bid the exact same amount at the exact same time. So with that situation, whosever bids gets in first is the one that it will accept. But isn't that how bidding works anyway? Wink
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Administrator
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: "Auction Series" Side Game   "Auction Series" Side Game Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 6:56 pm

Just for those wondering where current bidding is right now...

As of 4:50 pm ET, 1/25/2013... total bids are: $195.40

Approximate prizes if bidding ended today would be:

Championship winner: $54.71

Race winners: $3.90 per race

I'll try to update this frequently as we get closer to the end of bidding (2/23/2013). I know some people may use this data to make their bids.
Back to top Go down
V-Lane Jersey Joe
Truck Series Rookie
Truck Series Rookie
V-Lane Jersey Joe

PostSubject: Re: "Auction Series" Side Game   "Auction Series" Side Game Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 12:34 am

Thanks for addressing my concern. Sounds like it should work. I'm just wondering how fast the bids will be changing during the final five minutes. Hopefully you won't be trying to bid on a moving target.
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Administrator
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: "Auction Series" Side Game   "Auction Series" Side Game Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 4:26 pm

Update...

As of 2:25 pm ET, 1/30/2013... total bids are: $224.60

Approximate prizes if bidding ended today would be:

Championship winner: $62.88

Race winners: $4.49 per race
Back to top Go down
rmiller
Inaugural FRO Champ
Inaugural FRO Champ
rmiller

PostSubject: Re: "Auction Series" Side Game   "Auction Series" Side Game Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 4:53 pm

"Auction Series" Side Game 9qx4lk

Last edited by rmiller on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Auction Series" Side Game   "Auction Series" Side Game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Auction Series" Side Game
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next