Fantasy Racing Online Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Racing Online Message Board

HomeHome  Back To Main Site  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS

Go down 
+7
Fred & Barney
ruler_210
WELLBORN RACING
Zacky1053
Top8Legendracing
ComancheFlyer
WoodsRacing
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS   NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 3:04 pm

A couple things I'd like to write into the RULES and will do so for future events if I get no objection or input.

1. I'll put a reasonable deadline for THE POLE team to be posted.  Somewhere between qualifying and the green flag - so we all know when we can hit the board with expectations to see the pole team; so we don't have to keep monitoring it.  

2. Once picked and posted (by the DL) the owner of the pole will not be able to change his team - unless certain things occur, like one of his picks can't start the race for whatever reason.

3.  It has already been written that the highest scorer of Race 1 is on The Pole for Race 2, etc.  There may be ties for that, so I'll need to write a tie-breaker.

4.  If you've paid in advance for, say, 5 races, and can't or don't enter a team on any given week your ante for that week is returned - just like if you tie The Pole.  No-Entry becomes an Auto-Tie. This makes sense because we may all feel better about anteing up and playing if we know we're not going to get stuck losing if we can't get a team in because of work schedules, etc.  And,,,, it gives you an easy out if in your opinion The Pole team is the only good team and you simply don't feel you can enter a better option - just don't enter.
     This is like a poker game.  And when you leave the table to use the bathroom you don't lose money on the hand you missed.  Same would be the case here anytime you sit a week out.  We may get more players if folks know they can sit out from time to time if they're busy.

I'll do the scoring late tonight after I watch the recorded race or in the morning.  GL to all!

SOME ONE PLEASE POST THE GREEN FLAG, THANKS.
Back to top Go down
GO HARD
Truck Series Rookie
Truck Series Rookie

PostSubject: Re: NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS   NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 3:09 pm

Good day All, now this is going to be interesting....very fast and difficult course with lots of kitty litter traps...

GO HARD 1 - 22 Allmendinger / 12 Hornish / 54 Kelly / 20 Vickers / Kliggerman

GO HARD 2 - 22 Allmendinger / 12 Hornish / 54 Kelly / 20 Vickers / 9 Ambrose

Good Luck to All today and tomorrow Watching
Back to top Go down
Leftys Losers
Truck Series Champion
Truck Series Champion
Leftys Losers

PostSubject: Re: NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS   NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 3:22 pm

Vickers
Hornish
Allmendinger
McDowell
Kelly
Good LUCK ALL.....LEFTY
Back to top Go down
chrisjen
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie
chrisjen

PostSubject: Re: NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS   NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 3:38 pm

CJ1- Allmendinger,McDowell,Owen Kelly,Smith,Hornish
CJ2- Allmendinger,Hornish,Owen Kelly,Vickers,Ambrose
Back to top Go down
Leftys Losers
Truck Series Champion
Truck Series Champion
Leftys Losers

PostSubject: Re: NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS   NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 3:53 pm

GREEN!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Zacky1053
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie

PostSubject: Re: NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS   NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 6:27 pm

un...freaking....believeable....

half a lap away from the white flag and the caution comes out
Back to top Go down
Zacky1053
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie

PostSubject: Re: NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS   NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 6:40 pm

Dang you, Owen Kelly. Should've had 1-2-3-4!
Back to top Go down
chrisjen
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie
chrisjen

PostSubject: Re: NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS   NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 7:28 pm

I feel your pain Zacky I had Kelly on both teams I would of had 1 win and 1 tie instead of 2 loses, it looks like congrats to Lefty and Ruler!
Back to top Go down
ruler_210
Truck Series Rookie
Truck Series Rookie

PostSubject: Re: NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS   NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 10:31 pm

Wellborn too I think Chris.
Back to top Go down
Zacky1053
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie

PostSubject: Re: NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS   NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 11:33 pm

ruler_210 wrote:

Wellborn too I think Chris.
Yup...11 points each (1,2,3,5)
Back to top Go down
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

PostSubject: Re: NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS   NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 5:24 am

Wow, just got done watching the race.  Dang, had 1-2-3-4-5 going into that green white checker - came out with empty pockets.

Sounds like you guys got the scoring figured out but I'll get some sleep and make it official in the morning.  Congrats to lefty, ruler, and Weldon!

Good race nevertheless.
Back to top Go down
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

PostSubject: Re: NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS   NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:39 am

OKEY DOKEY, here's the score sheet first.  Looks like the above info is right - ruler, weldon, and zack beat Top8 on The Pole.

There were 12 teams entered and no ties, so the pot is $120.  Split 3-ways equals $40 for each of the winners.  Congrats guys!  

Please check you picks.  Note that my team isn't shown because somehow after posting it I deleted it when I as yelling at Top.  No matter, I didn't beat him anyway.  But my ante stays in the pot.

NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS - Page 2 NWMIDOHIOPIC

Now, here's the financial Report.  I hope you can follow it.  Some notes on the far right regarding money due or 'credits' remaining from last session.

NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS - Page 2 NWSESS5FINREPORT
Back to top Go down
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

PostSubject: Re: NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS   NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:44 am

RULER, LEFTY, AND WELDON - one of you will have to sit on The Pole next week.  Before I determine a fair way of making that decision let's get all 3 of your opinions.........

Ruler, do you want the pole next week?

Weldon, do you want the  pole next week?

Lefty, do you want the pole next week?

After hearing from all 3 of you I'll flip a 3 sided coin (if necessary).  Possibly, just one of you wants it.

Answer asap, please.

Whosever on The Pole next week is going to be asked to post their team a minimum of 2 HOURS PRIOR TO THE GREEN FLAG.  That will become policy from now on.
Back to top Go down
Leftys Losers
Truck Series Champion
Truck Series Champion
Leftys Losers

PostSubject: Re: NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS   NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:48 am

Don't want it, but I'll take a flip if need B

LEFTY
Back to top Go down
Top8Legendracing
Truck Series Veteran
Truck Series Veteran
Top8Legendracing

PostSubject: Re: NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS   NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 12:30 pm

Congrats To the WINNERS!cheers
Back to top Go down
WELLBORN RACING
Truck Series Veteran
Truck Series Veteran
WELLBORN RACING

PostSubject: Re: NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS   NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 12:33 pm

I will take the pole
Back to top Go down
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

PostSubject: Re: NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS   NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 12:37 pm

ok, that get's Lefty off the hook.  Let's see what The Ruler has to say.
Back to top Go down
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

PostSubject: Re: NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS   NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 12:37 pm

Top8Legendracing wrote:
Congrats To the WINNERS!cheers
Good try, Mike - not far off!
Back to top Go down
ComancheFlyer
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
ComancheFlyer

PostSubject: Re: NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS   NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 6:33 pm

WoodsRacing wrote:
A couple things I'd like to write into the RULES and will do so for future events if I get no objection or input.

Gonna add my 2 cents on this Woody:
First thanks for the game!!  The old diehards here all enjoy it and we all know you put a lot of heart into any game you put on!!!!

1. I'll put a reasonable deadline for THE POLE team to be posted.  Somewhere between qualifying and the green flag - so we all know when we can hit the board with expectations to see the pole team; so we don't have to keep monitoring it.  

SUGGESTION for DEADLINE:   Split the difference between qualifying and scheduled race start for every event.  IE:  Qualifying at 10AM, race at 3PM - 12:30 would be the post time.  But minimum 2 hours before Green.   A specific hour before green might just be the ticket so we don't have to do math Smile.  Regarding changing picks (below) I agree about locking team unless one of their picks can not start.  But if one of your picks has to peel back to pit lane on pace laps your SOL.

2. Once picked and posted (by the DL) the owner of the pole will not be able to change his team - unless certain things occur, like one of his picks can't start the race for whatever reason.

3.  It has already been written that the highest scorer of Race 1 is on The Pole for Race 2, etc.  There may be ties for that, so I'll need to write a tie-breaker.

IMO:  For the future I think that the WINNER with the first time stamped team with lowest score should get the option to be on the POLE Position or PASS.  This week is a good example 3 tied, so go to post time and allow that option, unless one volunteers, but if the first posted team wants it he should get that option.  Some might want it then again some may not.      

4.  If you've paid in advance for, say, 5 races, and can't or don't enter a team on any given week your ante for that week is returned - just like if you tie The Pole.  No-Entry becomes an Auto-Tie. This makes sense because we may all feel better about anteing up and playing if we know we're not going to get stuck losing if we can't get a team in because of work schedules, etc.  And,,,, it gives you an easy out if in your opinion The Pole team is the only good team and you simply don't feel you can enter a better option - just don't enter.
     This is like a poker game.  And when you leave the table to use the bathroom you don't lose money on the hand you missed.  Same would be the case here anytime you sit a week out.  We may get more players if folks know they can sit out from time to time if they're busy.

EXCELLENT IDEA!!!  Even your best plans sometimes get off track.  Example: I did not enter two teams this segment because of my schedule and made my picks a day early before qualifying due to time restrictions and obligations.  I can play two teams for the segment and if I get sidetracked I can sit this race out.  Or if I think the pole only has maybe one good option to win, I might only play one team or none this week.   

I'll do the scoring late tonight after I watch the recorded race or in the morning.  GL to all!

SOME ONE PLEASE POST THE GREEN FLAG, THANKS.
Back to top Go down
4tars
Truck Series Veteran
Truck Series Veteran
4tars

PostSubject: Re: NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS   NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 10:57 pm

WoodsRacing wrote:
OKEY DOKEY, here's the score sheet first.  Looks like the above info is right - ruler, weldon, and zack beat Top8 on The Pole.

There were 12 teams entered and no ties, so the pot is $120.  Split 3-ways equals $40 for each of the winners.  Congrats guys!  

Please check you picks.  Note that my team isn't shown because somehow after posting it I deleted it when I as yelling at Top.  No matter, I didn't beat him anyway.  But my ante stays in the pot.

NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS - Page 2 NWMIDOHIOPIC

Now, here's the financial Report.  I hope you can follow it.  Some notes on the far right regarding money due or 'credits' remaining from last session.

NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS - Page 2 NWSESS5FINREPORT
Shocked Shocked Shocked Woods:  Your one of the stupidest players ever!!!!  Enter a team in your own game and then do not submit a roster.  That was the reason I did not rejoin, you are to dumb to know how to run a game, much less enter a game!  Now that you are trying to be a player you have removed all doubt how Ignorant you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Gosh what a CHUMP!!!  I am just thankful that you did not signup for my NW newsletter/blog because you would be an embarasement in addition to being a fulltime CLOWN!!!  I would have refunded your money because evidently, you can not read clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown clown
Back to top Go down
Zacky1053
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie

PostSubject: Re: NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS   NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 2:52 am

WoodsRacing wrote:
Mike - that's confusing.  Your Pole Team, and, your Pole Team Plan B.  got to be more clear than that.  Assumption is the team with 
Hornish
Dinger
McDowell
Owen Kelly
Vickers

is the one we're trying to beat.  I have to get ready for work so I'm entering my picks based on that.

WOODS RACING
HORN
DING
MCDOW
KELLY
PIQUET

Aren't these Woods' picks? What am I missing?
Back to top Go down
ruler_210
Truck Series Rookie
Truck Series Rookie

PostSubject: Re: NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS   NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 10:05 am

I dont mind being the pole, but if Wellborn wants it then so be it. Especially since this weekend my attention will be split between racing and a slew of fantasy football drafts. Im not making any excuses and would be the pole if selected.
Back to top Go down
ruler_210
Truck Series Rookie
Truck Series Rookie

PostSubject: Re: NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS   NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 10:08 am

As for you 4Tard, as you would say to Boomer Sooner you are NOT in this game so you should not be able to comment on ANYTHING!! You weren't man enough to join in this session since you got your arse kicked in the last one, so see your way out of this. Thank you
Back to top Go down
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

PostSubject: Re: NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS   NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 10:41 pm

ruler_210 wrote:
I dont mind being the pole, but if Wellborn wants it then so be it. Especially since this weekend my attention will be split between racing and a slew of fantasy football drafts. Im not making any excuses and would be the pole if selected.
OK, we'll put Weldon on The POLE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS   NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NW - BEAT THE POLE - Mid Ohio - RESULTS
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2