Fantasy Racing Online Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Racing Online Message Board

HomeHome  Back To Main Site  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS!

Go down 
+7
Top8Legendracing
BOOMER SOONER
Fred & Barney
chrisjen
4tars
ComancheFlyer
WoodsRacing
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BOOMER SOONER
Truck Series Veteran
Truck Series Veteran
BOOMER SOONER

NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS!   NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 9:36 pm

NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS! - Page 2 People-laughing
Back to top Go down
Fred & Barney
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie
Fred & Barney

PostSubject: Re: NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS!   NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 9:56 pm

Woods results are final, these are what I see happened...

There was a total of 10 entries this week, for a $100 pot

Pole Team : 18 pts.

3 entries tied... CF1, CF2, & Woods... leaves a $70 pot

2 entries lost... Top 8 & Chrisjen 2

4 entries win... Lefty, Wellborn, ruler_210, chrisjen 1 (perfect entry!!

$70 pot /  4 winners shows me $17.50 each.

THESE ARE PRELIMINARY RESULTS< WOODS HAS FINAL SAY

I gambled with Kyle & lost. Tried to force all to pick Kyle & hope he had a problem... was this a proper strategy? I think it was, just didn't work out... comments?
Back to top Go down
chrisjen
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie
chrisjen

PostSubject: Re: NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS!   NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 10:25 pm

Blaine I have CF1 and Woody tied with you at 18, CJ2 an top8 lost (CJ2 second guessed  his self and changed Kyle for Allgaier?) 5 wins CJ1,CF2,Ruler, Wellborn and Lefty (Lefty second guessed himself from a 10 to a 17 and lucked out and still won) as always Woody has final say!!!!
Back to top Go down
chrisjen
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie
chrisjen

PostSubject: Re: NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS!   NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 10:42 pm

Fred & Barney wrote:

3 entries tied... CF1, CF2, & Woods... leaves a $70 pot

4 entries win... Lefty, Wellborn, ruler_210, chrisjen 1 (perfect entry!!

$70 pot /  4 winners shows me $17.50 each.

I gambled with Kyle & lost. Tried to force all to pick Kyle & hope he had a problem... was this a proper strategy? I think it was, just didn't work out... comments?
 Blaine I think this is a very hard format and being the pole sucks,I had the third best score last week and still lost, the week before it took a perfect 10 to win but the payout was great,I think your picks made sense but only 1 guy has to beat you for you to loose,and all we have to do is beat 1of your drivers, I think Woody knew what he was doing when he came up with this game, last session was easy when all you had to do was beat 4tars as the Pole but when you have to be the pole against this much talent it gets real hard real fast!!!
Back to top Go down
Fred & Barney
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie
Fred & Barney

PostSubject: Re: NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS!   NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 8:18 am

Fred & Barney wrote:

2 entries tied... CF1 & Woods... leaves a $80 pot

5 entries win... CF2, Lefty, Wellborn, ruler_210, chrisjen 1 (perfect entry!!)

$80 pot /  5 winners shows me $16.00 each.

These are corrected ... I added CF2's score incorrectly.
Back to top Go down
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

PostSubject: Re: NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS!   NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 2:02 pm

FB - 

"I gambled with Kyle & lost. Tried to force all to pick Kyle & hope he had a problem... was this a proper strategy? I think it was, just didn't work out... comments?"

Sound strategy, imo.  
I've played these games many times using the same strategy - leaving the obvious off my team, knowing that if he wrecks or has trouble it almost certainly guarantees a nice payoff. I'll do it often in FC when I'm well out of the money in the Overall contest or in my League.  I'll shoot for maybe a weekly win by leaving off a guy like Johnson if I'm pretty certain everyone else will be picking him - hoping he hits the wall.  

In the case here, with this game it's an 'out-of-the-box' play but it's theoretical odds are probably better than the odds of just beating all 10 players by having the highest score by picking an assortment of all the 'favorites'.  Those odds, if there are, say, 10 players are only 10% to win.  I'd think that the odds of Kyle having trouble and finishing out of the Top-10 for instance are better than 10%; but I didn't do the research to check.

Problem was this time, FB, Kyle fared well and a few other other players read into the plan and left him off as well. Tried to 'neutralize' your attack.

If I'm recalling correctly the week Chris won from the pole his picks were what many of us saw as a bit 'out-of-the-box' as well.  Many of us probably thought that clearly on paper we'd beat him.  But they don't race on paper.

I need to get my main-game teams set here and elsewhere - I'll finalize the scoring and begin arranging the payouts a bit later.
Back to top Go down
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

PostSubject: Re: NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS!   NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 2:29 pm

Agree with the above scoring note - here's copy of the scoring chart.

Chris, you dog, you, another Perfect 10.  but the bad news is,,,,,well you'll start on The Pole next race (which will be the start of a new and final session.)

NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS! - Page 2 NWCHICAGORACE5PIC

Go Hards on the chart listed but didn't enter so I'll return his $10 per team ante.  8 entered, two tied, 5 Beat The Pole and earned $16 each.

I'll work on the final Financial Chart and start getting the money out.
Back to top Go down
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

PostSubject: Re: NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS!   NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 3:23 pm

NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS! - Page 2 SESS5FINALFINREPORTPIC

This was the final race of Session 4 so it's time for settlement.  There'll be one more session - it will include the final 7 races of the season.  In this post I'll be asking you all if you want to cash out now or reinvest/re-up for the last session.

Note: Next session's full ante is $70.

Go Hard - I now owe you 33+20=$53.  Do you wish me to send it all to you via paypal or do you wish to play one team (PP me $17), or do you wish to play two teams in which case you'll need to PP me $87.  ??????

The Ruler - I now owe you a payout of $114 plus a credit of $18 from last session.  Total is $132.  Do you wish me to PP (but for whatever reason I don't have your PP account on file) or snailmail you all of it or do you wish me to hold back $70 and mail you $62??????  I'll need mailing insturctions either way.  You can PM me you personal info.

LEFTY - I owe you $69.  I'll chunk in the extra whole $1 if you want to ante up?????

FB - (sending snail mail to Buford $15 for the last session and I keep your $55 you are entitled to after this last session)

WELDON - I owe you $56 plus $1 Credit from last rollover.  I have your PP address.  You can get paid up for last session by PPing me the balance - $13. (received PP - Weldone is in for next session)

4TARS - YOU ARE AN A$$HOLE.  And that's all the dollar signs you're going to see from me.  LOL.

TOP8 - Mike, I adjusted the chart for the $10 ante no entry return from last week.  Chart says I owe you $23.  Balance if you want to ante up is $47.  You can PP me, or cash out - let me know. (winnings PPed to Mike, will sit out last session)

CJ - Your two teams combined, Chris, show I own you $139 plus $13 = $152.  Let me know how you want it played.  Can keep 70 and send balance to you if you only want in for one team or can send you only $12 if you want to play em both again Sam. (answered. I'll keep the 12 for my beverage fund, thanks)

CF -  Chart says I own you $23 plus $29 = $52.  What you want do? (answered, thanks - sent too much beverage fund???)

ZACK - Haven't heard form you in several weeks.  Send a note or give a hollar.  I think (think) we are dead even - that you singularly anteed up on for two individual races this session and broke even.  But please let me know; and what you intentions may be for the last session.  We'd sure like to have you in.

CHRIS, we've got to hand you the trophy for this session with your CJ1 team winning $139 in 5 races and being perfect on two of them.   But not far behind would be The Ruler who won 4 out of 5 of the sessions races.  That's not to shabby either!  Congrats to both of you and the others that profitted as well.

Last edited by WoodsRacing on Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:38 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
ComancheFlyer
Nationwide Veteran
Nationwide Veteran
ComancheFlyer

PostSubject: Re: NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS!   NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 4:04 pm

ChrisJen:  You da MAN - - - -  Nice job!!!!  But I can only hope ole 4tars don't take all that money back from sharing his strategy(s) with you.

Woody:  Regarding Money keep it and I will PP you balance of $18. for the next session.
Back to top Go down
chrisjen
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie
chrisjen

PostSubject: Re: NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS!   NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 7:28 pm

He won't have a chance I'm giving it all to Woody. Woody enter my 2 teams and take the balance to buy a twelve pack of something cold, and if you feel guilty you can give 4tars one of the cold drinks. he has been a very big help to me, whatever he recommends I do the opposite and it seems to work well:lol:
Back to top Go down
Fred & Barney
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie
Fred & Barney

PostSubject: Re: NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS!   NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 9:58 pm

Well Ken, if I'm reading it right, I'll send ya $15 bucks... Wyoming still?
Back to top Go down
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

PostSubject: Re: NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS!   NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 10:55 pm

Fred & Barney wrote:
Well Ken, if I'm reading it right, I'll send ya $15 bucks... Wyoming still?
Yeah, I don't know why I missed your team in the list above.  Cause you were the pole team I guess.  Yes, you're reading it right.  You won $55 in the last session which was a whole $5 profit over your $50 paid in advance ante. The last session is $70; so I'll keep your $55 and it would be $15 more for the whole next 7 races and I'll bet dollars to donuts that you can win more than that $15 back by the end.  wyoming is good

Ken Woods
42 Lame Beaver Road
Buford, WY 82052
Back to top Go down
Top8Legendracing
Truck Series Veteran
Truck Series Veteran
Top8Legendracing

PostSubject: Re: NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS!   NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 2:54 pm

Thanks Ken, Hurt my back at work, have not been working much $$$ are tight right now Sad better sit this next session out.
Back to top Go down
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

PostSubject: Re: NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS!   NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 4:25 pm

Top8Legendracing wrote:
Thanks Ken, Hurt my back at work, have not been working much $$$ are tight right now Sad better sit this next session out.
Not good - hope you get healed up quick, Mike.  Your winnings were just PPed out to your Mike.38 acct.
Back to top Go down
rmiller
Inaugural FRO Champ
Inaugural FRO Champ
rmiller

PostSubject: Re: NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS!   NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 8:02 pm

The man above has your back till your back on track. Pulling for you, Mike.
Back to top Go down
Fred & Barney
Nationwide Rookie
Nationwide Rookie
Fred & Barney

PostSubject: Re: NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS!   NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 10:02 pm

Top8Legendracing wrote:
Damn Mike, I know what that's all about. For me it's ice, ice, ice. 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off. Works well for me in my situation. When my back "blows out", it's a minimal week long outage for me. Icing reduces the time lost.

Speedy recovery Mike!!
Back to top Go down
Top8Legendracing
Truck Series Veteran
Truck Series Veteran
Top8Legendracing

PostSubject: Re: NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS!   NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 12:55 am

Thanks for the well wishes guys!! Looks like I'm headed for some back surgery. Got two severely herniated discs,  L 4 & 5 pinching the nerves causing them to die. Neurosurgeon  says they got to be fixed. Been trying to avoid the surgery, but ???

Look forward to donating my $$ to you all next year cheers
Back to top Go down
rmiller
Inaugural FRO Champ
Inaugural FRO Champ
rmiller

PostSubject: Re: NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS!   NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 5:34 am

maybe you and denny can be roomies!
Back to top Go down
WELLBORN RACING
Truck Series Veteran
Truck Series Veteran
WELLBORN RACING

PostSubject: Re: NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS!   NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 11:41 pm

Paypal sent Thanks Ken
Back to top Go down
WoodsRacing
Sprint Cup Veteran
Sprint Cup Veteran
WoodsRacing

PostSubject: Re: NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS!   NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 10:37 am

WELLBORN RACING wrote:
Paypal sent Thanks Ken
Got it - thanks Weldon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS!   NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NATIONWIDE - BEAT THE POLE - CHICAGO - Results and PAYOUTS!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2